Aqua hot leaking like a sieve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phantomcarp

I was told that it might be possible that I do not have to replace the unit. There might be a blown fitting just inside the unit that I have no access to. Has anyone heard of anything like this .
Mike

You really need to pull the covers and locate EXACTLY where the leak is coming from.  You also didn't mention whether it was a domestic water leak or a glycol leak.  Some can be reached and repaired in the coach and others not so easily.  I have had my unit out to repair myself when we first purchased the coach 9 years ago and trust me, it is not an easy task so if you can locate the leak and fix it in the coach you will be ahead of the game.

Mike.

I have a 2012 Winnebago Adventurer, because it has a ice maker and drinking water filter when the motorhome was new we decided that we would have the RV store where we bought it do the winterizing. The first year paid for itself, the tech that winterized it failed to drain the water heater so when it was dewinterized the water heater leaked like a sieve. Needless to say the RV store had to replace it at no cost to me.

Doesn't give you much faith in their competence, does it?  RV dealer techs are often very limited in what they know how to do, and too-often not very good at learning new things.

At least you didn't have to pay for their training lesson!

Gary RV Roamer said:
Doesn't give you much faith in their competence, does it?  RV dealer techs are often very limited in what they know how to do, and too-often not very good at learning new things.

At least you didn't have to pay for their training lesson!

It is just sad that the kid had to lose his job for a training error. I still have them perform maintenance that I can't do.

I had a bad leak from our AquaHot. Turned out it was one of the Shark fittings they used to connect to the water supply. When the unit was assembled the rubber ring inside the fitting was caught and torn by the pipe insertion. Took it 8 years before it leaked, but when it lit go, we really had a bad leak. Went to the local ACE hardware and got a good brass fitting and replaced the cheaper plastic one that the factory used when they built the AH.

Funny we haven't heard back from the OP to inform us on whether the leak was glycol or domestic water.  Until we know exactly what kind of leak he has, we are all merely throwing darts and guessing.

Mike.

It's just water leaking. It's coming out of the bottom of the sealed part of the unit. I have take the access panel off and there is nothing leaking from there. All the input at that point are dry. I cannot access the rest of the AH unit.
AHE-100-02S

rodger burke is the aqua hot god on the net. he is very helpful also does repairs and has the aqua hot forum
https://www.parts.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/login-submit.sc

Back
Top Bottom