Archive of responses to: Welcome to the new Winnebago board! Please read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi everyone from up here in northern Iowa. We're in a winter wonderland. A little over an hour west of Forest City, IA. Trying to make it to Lichtsinn's for some service on the Meridian before we leave for AZ after this first of the year. Difficult to do, because of the snow and terrible cold weather. Really enjoy the info on the forum.

Hi Gary - I heard that you guys are having some really nasty and cold weather.  I'm envious of you for being so close to Lichtsinn and the factory except for October through April  ;D.  Hope to see you over here as frequently as possible.

John,

Congratulations on developing this new resource for Winnebago Industries owners.  I am sure that this site and topic will generate a lot of interest and interaction from the forum participants who own Winnebago products.

2003 WFG38G

Mike - hey there buddy  ;D ;D

Glad to see you found us in another corner of the Internet.  We have a nice bunch of folks over here  - both old friends and new ones.  Try to stop by the forum when you can - we need a Workhorse expert here!  If you and Colleen ever get into central Texas, we have a guest pad waiting for you.

John,

Thank you so much!

I'll check in now and again. 

In the meantime I can be contacted about Workhorse products using the e-Mail address that I posted in my profile.  I am pleased to help out any way I can.

Mike

John Canfield said:
Hi - glad you stopped by!

This forum is for owners, would-be owners of any Winnebago Industries product - Winnebago, Itasca, ERA, etc., or anybody!

Just a few conventions to follow here:

Be nice, no running with scissors, no advertising, no politics, criticize ideas and not people, etc.  If you have to stop and think if something is inappropriate, it probably is  ;)  Naturally being good citizens of our rvforum family, we also play by their rules.

When posting to this forum, please keep the subject matter limited to Winnebago-specific topics.  For a couple of examples:  questions about a generic microwave or cooktop should NOT be posted here.  Problems with a Norcold fridge on a slide probably DOES belong here since there are some unique issues with Winnie-designed venting.  Topics about your Evolution chassis probably DO belong here unless it is a generic tire issue.

If the topic shouldn't belong in the Winnie forum, I'll try to contact you before I move the thread. Don't worry, we'll figure it out.  Feel free to email me if you need to discuss something privately:  [email protected]

I encourage you to edit your profile by clicking on the "Profile" button at the top of the page and including your rig details in your "signature" - it makes it easier for everybody to know what you drive.  We are a friendly bunch here, so please consider adding your name somewhere in your signature.  I think it's more personable to address a Rick or Martha than a DarthVader0227.

We're glad you're here!  Thanks for joining a new virtual family with us  ;D

===================================================
Here is a welcome from Tom, provider of good things, and big kahuna:

"I'll add my welcome to Winnebago owners who have recently arrived here. I realize that this forum format is somewhat different from what you may have been used to, and that it will take a little time to become familiar with the new surroundings. We have a few things that might help you find your way around:

Navigation tips & how-to's.Navigation tips & how-to's.

Using the forum efficiently.Using the forum efficiently.

When all else fails, feel free to ask on the forum navigation board, and one of the staff will be pleased to help. Don't be shy, since every one of us was new to this software at a point in time. Some of us, myself included, are still learning to find our way around.

In case you missed it, we have a Search ButtonSearch button in the toolbar above."

Hello Folks!  Quite a few familiar names here in the Winnebago group.  I expect that John Canfield and the RVforum staff will keep this site friendly and apply common sense which seems to be lost in the iRV2.  Been an active iRV2 member for 6.5 yrs and have seen it go south pretty fast. 

I did a little intro in the "Introduce Yourself" topic HERE

It's nice to read some replies from those familiar names that I haven't heard from for quite a few weeks.

Take care,
Bill

Hey Bill!
I just noticed your posts tonight as I was poking around still trying to learn the format of this site. Welcome to the "un-dark" side!

I have to say I like the operation of the "other" place (like being able to link pix from external sites), and general operation but won't miss the attitudes. I see you're going to Q? We're planning on being there as well just off Palmosa Road. Way less dust! Once we get tired of the show we might waste a little time Geocaching.

Jeff

[quote author=SCVJeff]I have to say I like the operation of the "other" place (like being able to link pix from external sites)...[/quote]

Hi Jeff,

PMFJI, just thought I should explain that we have that capability here, but disabled it, due partly to abuse. A separate, but now diminishing issue was that of forum members on slow connections &/or limited cell minutes. Having photos attached (or links embedded in messages, as some folks do) gives members the option to download images or not. Maybe we could revisit this issue, although I won't commit to changing it right now.

Bill (Duner), I am THRILLED to see you over here.  Most of us here dont miss that other board in the slightest!  I was also a member there for 4 years with over 1,400 posts, but have posted my last post over there.....forever!   ::)

I would be very glad to see you post some of your spreadsheets about the Workhorse Brake problems...either in my Workhorse Brake Problems thread, or one of your own.  I believe that data you have put together is VERY valuable, and members here would find this very interesting.

I'm glad you found your way over here, and most likely we have John Canfield to thank for that.  I'm thrilled to have this forum as my new home!!!  ;D

SCVJeff said:
Welcome to the "un-dark" side!

;D :D - too funny!

Hey Bill - glad you made it over here!  Look around the board - there is quite a bit to explore.  Jane and I will be heading west later in the month, so we'll be bumping into you before too long.

Let anybody know if you have any questions about the board.

When you get the time, we need your tech posts over here!

........ When you get the time, we need your tech posts over here!
[/quote]

You betcha.  Right now I'm headed to the FMCA rally in Indio and don't know what kind of wifi I'll find.    Might not be on-line much for the  next 5-6 days.
Take care,
Bill

Hey Norm - great to have you over here! 

When we were cruising the eastern Caribbean in our boat, our favorite island was Grenada.  Spent a month there  8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom