automatic roof vent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

in2adventure

Does anyone know how to override the auto feature on the kitchen roof vent? I have a vent that turns off and closes automatically when wet. This a great feature for when I'm away and it's raining, but the slightest bit of moisture keeps the vent from turning on, even in manual mode.

Pull the manual knob down. That disengages the gear from the motor so it can't close (or open, if already closed).

Some models with the optional wall mounted switch can disable the auto-close feature from the remote panel, but if you don't have that, use the big black knob.

I have it in manual mode and the vent opens fine. I want to be able to run the fan also. It won't turn on even in manual mode  :(

in2adventure said:
I have it in manual mode and the vent opens fine. I want to be able to run the fan also. It won't turn on even in manual mode  :(

Is your thermostat set at a temperature that would call for the fan to turn on?

Yep, tries a couple different things. It just won't turn on if there's even the slightest bit of dew or frost on the roof.

There is a good chance that the Little Spring loaded Pin Switch that is located on the Outside is stuck. Open the Vent manually and get up on the roof with some silicone lubricant and give the switch plunger a shot to loosen it up! This is a common problem and an easy fix!

If it is a Fantastic Vent, give them a call.  They sent me a "rain override" switch with installation instructions.  It  installs into the vent and was an easy fix.  I use it all the time, especially at the beach.

Cyril

I have three of those fans - none of them work if somebody even spits near the fan's rain sensor. Hard to complain when something is "working as designed", so I've added MaxAir covers over the two fans we use regularly.  That way we can have ventilation even in the rain.

Thanks for the input. It's not often I wish something didn't work TOO well  ;D

You could put a piece of waterproof tape over the rain sensor if you want to disable it. It is readily visible on the surface when the lid is up. Mine are in the right front corner.

Gary RV Roamer said:
You could put a piece of waterproof tape over the rain sensor if you want to disable it. It is readily visible on the surface when the lid is up. Mine are in the right front corner.

I was wondering if something like that would work. I'll give it a try when i get home from work tonight. It sounds like the easiest option.

Back
Top Bottom