Automatic Transfer Switch/ No power to RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsbill

I have an RV with a PowerMax PTMS-50 Automatic Transfer switch.  The RV electrical system works fine when connected to shore power.  However, when running the generator the RV has no power.  I checked the power running to the transfer switch from the generator with a volt meter and it was 120, but I couldn't get a reading for power coming out of the switch to the motorhome.  The transfer switch would just make a "buzzing noise".
    I replaced the transfer switch with the same make/model and I have the same problem.  Generator runs, appears to supply power to the transfer switch,  the transfer switch buzzes, but no power in the motorhome. 
Thoughts????

The new one is probably bad. This just happened to me ,installed new switch no power from gen.Sent it back got replacement all works now.I would bet circuit board bad

Thanks for the replies. I wonder what the odds are of having a bad circuit board on two of them?  I replaced the whole box, which has the circuit board in it. 

Turn braker off on Gen. Relay still humm? Your Gen have any outlets to see if there is amperage not just volts? FYI  I would do all this with main power off on your panel. No need to screw other 110 volt things up. 

Thanks for all the help.  After exhausting all the possible solutions I had, I called PowerMax.  They asked for the serial number from the switch and then informed me they had a bad set of circuit boards come through a while back.  They mailed me a new circuit board for the automatic transfer switch and.............it worked!  Thanks again for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom