Awning fabric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pappi49

The other day while cleaning the awning on my toy hauler I noticed several bubbles on the underside. I have since found out about the fabric delaminating. My questions is, has anyone changed the fabric for your awning and if so what brand of fabric did you use.

Looking at Amazon there is literally hundreds of sizes and stylesn not t6o mention mfgs. I really dont want to spend a fortune on the awning but nor do I want garbage. For those of you that have changed this out which fabric do you reccomend. I have saved about 10 differant ones on Amazon and I am in the process of reading reviews.

As always your help is greatly appreciated.

I ordered mine from https://www.rvawningsmart.com/

It was in 2019, and I want to say the fabric was about $140. 3 years later in the desert sun, and it's holding up nicely.

Me, a buddy, and the wife had it done in about 4 hours, and it was our first time. Not a particularly fun job, but not brain surgery either. I suggest 3 people with 3 ladders. It will go much smoother.

There are two basic awning material types, vinyl and woven. Woven awnings used to be canvas but for the last 20+ years acrylic fabric is used. Vinyl awnings are waterproof unless torn, but woven awnings eventually require re-waterproofing (it's a simple spray on product). Woven acrylic is lighter weight than vinyl and is not laminated like vinyl.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom