Back again :) more questions about...well alot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Gary :).  Whatever else, I want to make good sound choices and do things the right (and safest) way I possibly can.  I definititely don't want to buy a truck and TT/5 and get out on the road and find out I made the wrong choice  in truck for sure. 

Being a single RVer have you considered a motor home and small car as a toad?  You might find it easier to drive, back, and park.

I've  only done so in passing donn.  Sat in one of each (A and C) at the RV show a couple weeks ago and definiltey felt uncomfortable/overwhelmed in the A seat but more comfortable in the C, probably because I've always driven a 1500 truck most of my life.  I shyed away from teh C's as I had thought I read places that they were less desirable and not as good as the A's.  Actually, last night after mulling over the gas vs. diesel and towing issue I thought perhaps I should explore and investigate the A/C  options.  One thing I do not like is having another engine to maintain and the fact that if something goes wrong mechanically with the "truck" part I also lose my home :).

I have to agree, driving a MH can be scary.  I remember picking up our new 1977 MH in Orange County, CA on a Friday of memorial day weekend and having to drive I5 north at 3 in the afternoon.  Scary to say the least.  But you know what?  We didnt wreck it and made it over the Graprvine just fine.  When I gave DW the wheel she was all over the road for the first 10 miles. When I showed her how to judge where she was in relation to the road, she was driving like a pro after that.  Yes, there is two drive trains to take care of, but on the opposite side of the coin, look at the safety aspect.  No need to get out to go to bed late at night.  Park, turn off the motor and eat or go to bed.  Expensive?  Yes, they are probably the most expensive RV form there is, but again, easy for single to handle, security, comfort all might be a better choice for a single lady.

Do I truly need a diesel to tow less than 10,000#?

Most likely not... But Diesel in the long run will last longevity wise 4 times longer than most gasoline engines. Cheaper to operate over gasoline engines. Failure is typically lower on diesel if taken care of properly. Cost of operation fuel wise I'm still cheaper with diesel than gas. Diesel engines are truly design for towing where gasoline has to make up the difference by rev much higher shortening the longevity aspect of the engine. Like myself I closing in on 1/4 of a million miles. Been to the moon (238k) and now heading home. Best part is this truck has NEVER seen a tow truck ever!

Back
Top Bottom