Back Up Camera...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is tied to the dash lamps dimmer.. Dimm the dash Dim the camera on most installs.
I can dim it a little by turning my dash lights completely off, but then I don't have any dash lights. And it doesn't dim it much more than barely noticeable anyway.

Thanks for all that folks. Yeah, I looked into the Furrion camera and it was over $1200 at the dealer but still $900 elsewhere. I was hoping to not have to spend that much because I was able to buy a good Dash Cam for less than $300 with the same features except the display. And we were told that it could pair to an iPad or other display just as well as the one that comes with the Furrion camera. Not sure, but appreciate the help nonetheless!
This is the Furrion I have. Smallish screen, but it works fine.

Sounds like there is a software or firmware issue then it should get very dim
Nope, it's meant to be that way because they want to force you to use it and make it really irritating if you try not to. I've brought this up on the RAM forum I belong to - no one has been able to rectify it.

Well if it's a day night issue.. Window shade it Depending on the size of the screen a wash cloth with or other cloth with a magnetic strip along one edge.. The Mag strip stick to metal so you put a metal strip aove it OR

Depending on the position tape the cloth above so you can toss it up on top of the dash days and drop it over the screen nights.

Well if it's a day night issue.. Window shade it Depending on the size of the screen a wash cloth with or other cloth with a magnetic strip along one edge.. The Mag strip stick to metal so you put a metal strip aove it OR

Depending on the position tape the cloth above so you can toss it up on top of the dash days and drop it over the screen nights.
I already took care of the issue with electrical tape over the lens on the tailgate. I can't put anything over the screen because it is also the screen that has my radio controls.

Just heard from FR. They will not release the TT's wiring diagram to me for "liability issues". I suspect that might also be to discourage DIY so that the dealers' service centers get more work.
The liability issue is probably to cover their own butts. They are afraid of someone suing them for screwed up way the trailer is wired. Forest River doesn't have a diagram because there isn't one. Wires are run from point A to point B to point C and on and on in whatever way the guy on the line feels like running them. And hope they work.

The liability issue is probably to cover their own butts. They are afraid of someone suing them for screwed up way the trailer is wired. Forest River doesn't have a diagram because there isn't one. Wires are run from point A to point B to point C and on and on in whatever way the guy on the line feels like running them. And hope they work.
Thanks...it looks like I mistakenly hijacked this thread. I had wanted to post on my thread about "Going Lithium ". Apologies to the OP.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom