Back up Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gcharte

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Storm with a weldex back up camera and monitor, the camera is a wdrv 3057b and needs to be replaced I ordered from Rearview System which came with a four pin female adaptor for my system. The problem is the new adaptor is a hair to large to fit into my monitor wire. Any suggestion would be very helpful.

Not familiar with Rearview but I assume you purchased with the intent that the adapter would work with your harness in the MH. Usually, if an adapter is incorrect the sizing is quite different, not just a tiny bit. Depending on the type of connector I would suggest you gently try a little harder to convice them they are the right size. Many times on the smaller pin connectors I have had to use a little force the first couple times putting them together. They are just not made to a very close mfr tolerance for 12v systems. Or, just call the mfr to get their opinion. Posting a pic of the connectors might help also.

Is it possible to cut the connectors and hard wire the camera, maybe someone has the color codes on the wires too?

Before you buy a replacement planning on using the Weldex cable might I suggest checking the camera by getting a short cable to plug the camera directly into the monitor. Ours started going bad and after getting a new camera it was determined that the problem was the cable. They replaced the cable and it has worked perfectly since.

Thanks Jeff that was one of the first things I tried and just sound no picture, the monitor has a position for another camera so I hooked it up in the 2nd position and still no picture so I'm very sure it's not the monitor.  8)

Could you possibly cut off both harness off of the camera and replace the new with the old?  That way there would be a perfect fit.  Assuming of course that it is basically the same layout with just the different plug sizes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom