Before putting away your rv or trailer in storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crusin1988

I got an excellent tip for preventing mice from getting into your rv. All you need is moth balls. If yours is motorized put some in the engine bay as well as in the interior.

I have tried everything. Moth balls, dryer sheets, peppermint oil and electronic mouse deterrents and nothing worked for me. The best thing to do is find any hole that they can get into and plug it up with steel wool.

Well it always has worked for me. The only other thing you could try is sticky/glue traps in your garage or wherever you store your rv that are pre baited and put mice killer in a tray on your engine or in the wheel wells. That is all I can think of for now. Good Luck!

I don't have any problems with mice. My biggest problem is squirrels. Moth balls seem to be working on/for them. .22 shorts work too. ;)

Ironically I have caught squirrels in my garage with sticky traps too. bb's also work too. Killing them is the best way.

There have been many previous threads on rodent infestation.  There are preventative things you can do to keep them from getting into the RV in the first place (best is steel wool + expanding foam spray in any underbody holes), but they are determined buggers and will chew through something to get inside if they really want to.  The only true way to get rid of them is to kill them.  I am a big proponent of the "bucket trap" that is described and discussed here: Ultimate Mouse Trap

X2 on the bucket trap.

I made one last winter.
It is very cheap and easy to build.  I did not need to buy anything.
They do work.
No maintenance is needed.
It can catch MANY mice and does not need emptied after each one.

Use the moth balls, drier sheets or ?? to keep them out.  Fill holes with steel wool and caulk to keep them out.
Put a bucket trap in the camper to catch all mice that decide to come in anyway.

We also use the bucket trap when we seal up our fifth wheel.  When we are driving away we won't be seeing our unit for 7 months so we want to make sure it is going to be rodent free when we return.  We also use Irish Spring soap chunks around the door step and inside our bays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom