Best form of payment when selling an RV ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
casualemt said:
Sold my Goldwing, went to the buyers bank, they said that they preferred to give me a cashiers check instead of cash, with a bs story about not having enough large bills to pop out 12K, sounded strange, but I said ok, took the check, signed over the title. Drove immediately to my bank to deposit the check, my bank said the funds wouldn't be available for 3-5 business days for verification! I was pissed! No motorcycle, no money....Grrrrr! Took the check back to the buyers bank within 2 hours of receiving it from them, and they told me they wouldn't cash it because I didn't have an account there! Double Grrrrr!! I got the manager and read her the riot act! After a lot of heming and hawing, they finally managed to cough up the 12K in cash. A totally unnecessary bunch of running around and stress...I won't take a cashiers check again, not even from a bank!

There's no way I would have walked out without cash.  It's a BANK.  They have 12k, they just don't want to go through the trouble of doing extra work to get into the bigger vault... LAZY

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom