Best form of payment when selling an RV ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
casualemt said:
Sold my Goldwing, went to the buyers bank, they said that they preferred to give me a cashiers check instead of cash, with a bs story about not having enough large bills to pop out 12K, sounded strange, but I said ok, took the check, signed over the title. Drove immediately to my bank to deposit the check, my bank said the funds wouldn't be available for 3-5 business days for verification! I was pissed! No motorcycle, no money....Grrrrr! Took the check back to the buyers bank within 2 hours of receiving it from them, and they told me they wouldn't cash it because I didn't have an account there! Double Grrrrr!! I got the manager and read her the riot act! After a lot of heming and hawing, they finally managed to cough up the 12K in cash. A totally unnecessary bunch of running around and stress...I won't take a cashiers check again, not even from a bank!

There's no way I would have walked out without cash.  It's a BANK.  They have 12k, they just don't want to go through the trouble of doing extra work to get into the bigger vault... LAZY

Back
Top Bottom