Boondocking near Flagstaff, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonTom

If you ever need an overnight spot for a night or a couple of weeks near Flagstaff, AZ be sure to see my post here.

BTW, there is NO overnight parking allowed at the Wal*Mart here in Flagstaff. And sometimes the KOA I am at now, as well as the other RV parks can be full.

-Don- Flagstaff, AZ

There are lots of places to camp in the area. We stayed about 20 miles west of Flagstaff in the Coconino Forest along Brannigan Park Road just off I-40. The MVUM for the forest is full of camping areas.

Last edited:
There are lots of places to camp in the area. We stayed about 20 miles west of Flagstaff in the Coconino Forest along Brannigan Park Road kistoff I-40. The MVUM for the forest is full of camping areas.
Yep. But some are better than others, or are more difficult to get to, or farther from Flagstaff. IMO, the one I mentioned has all the advantages and no disadvantages. Other than it can be dusty and noisy there during daytime if too close to the road, as there are a lot of HOVs (edit: OHVs) in the area. But very quiet at night and easy enough to get away from the daytime noise.

-Don- Flagstaff, AZ

Last edited:
High Occupancy Vehicle - the Carpool Lane type with more than one occupant. I think he might mean ORV's - Off Road Vehicles = dirt bikes and quad runners.
Yeah, it's easy for me to get all those acronyms mixed up, unless I stop to think about what they stand for. I meant OHV, not HOV.

OHV=Off Highway Vehicle.

-Don- Flagstaff, AZ

I hate all those acronyms. I can't remember all those abbreviations. I am happy to type out the word.

In my humble opinion, your money may vanish while you try to say in other words. That is this:

imho, ymmv, iow just type it. hahaha

Yeah, it's easy for me to get all those acronyms mixed up, unless I stop to think about what they stand for. I meant OHV, not HOV.

OHV=Off Highway Vehicle.

-Don- Flagstaff, AZ
That’s why it is so easy to just spell out the word that way everyone knows what you mean without them having to Google it,

I can't remember all those abbreviations. I am happy to type out the word.
There is no need to remember any of them. Just put the acronym in your search engine and hit enter. I often have to do that myself, as I see new ones almost every day.

-Don- Flagstaff, AZ

Just put the acronym in your search engine and hit enter.
That is more poking than it is worth just to read a simple comment.

oh well............I guess if you are on the BOD, and don't have any time left, poke in letters and hope someone figures it out in time. hahaha

BOD: brink of death

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom