Brag Board - Children and Grandchildren

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tim and I will have been married 50 years next year (we were 6 when we married.... ;)  )  We have two sons; one married---one not.  I'm waiting for the not married one to get on the ball; but he's beginning to get "stuck in his ways".  We have one beautiful 10 year old granddaughter. 

I don't know how those of you with lots of grand kids do it.  We'd be broke and exhausted...... 

BTW, great thread.  We forget with all the RV talk around here that we all have other lives.

Marsha~

We are supposed to be grandparents in June, now that was a shock.  Son is 46 this year, first and likely only
child, his wife is 36.  I had given up on being grandparents so we were really surprised. 

Sadly though we are going to be old before he becomes an adult but hope we can stay healthy and lively
enough for him to enjoy being around us and vice versa. 

They are having a little boy and I believe naming him Tommy Lee, that is also our sons name.  It's my husbands middle name and his moms middle name.  Sue Anne was named after my middle name Sue and moms first name Anne.

Congratulations!  You just never know when those grandkids are going to pop up.  We thought we were done having grandkids but another one was delivered last year.  Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Last summer I posted a photo of one of my great granddaughters becoming acquainted with her pony.  Well, now she has a little sister to hold her attention.

Attachments

• Sisters.jpg
    Sisters.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 24
This thread has been very quiet so we are beyond pleased to add some news.  One of our daughters announced today that we will soon be blessed with our 9th grandchild!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  :)

MN Blue Skies said:
This thread has been very quiet so we are beyond pleased to add some news.  One of our daughters announced today that we will soon be blessed with our 9th grandchild!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  :)
We have a new grandchild coming in December. DD is doing this the old-fashioned way; we don't know the sex yet!  :) Can't wait for our Christmas visit. This will be grandchild #5. We are so blessed.

I'm so glad this thread was revived. I somehow missed it the first time around. Our two grandsons are the reason we got interested in RVs in the first place and the reason I found this forum (Daughters live in Portland, OR & we are in Plano, TX). I think that one of God's greatest gifts to man is to make everyone's grandchildren the prettiest and most handsome and smartest and funniest of all. Now that's a miracle to rival all.

Our youngest grand daughter will be six in February. Her dad called today, she has read all the kindergarten books at the school and is now starting on grade one material. This kid is a quick study. She got to pick her Xmas present, a guitar, and is excited to start learning with her dad, an accomplished musician, as her teacher.

I was having an interesting conversation with my grand-nephew over Thanksgiving. He's three.
The boy is brilliant. Obviously has my genes....
It's frightening how advanced he is. How do I know?

I asked him what is the best thing about pre-school...
He answered: "We get to sleep." :) :) :)

What a little Einstein.....

I have one grandson that we saw this summer for the first time in about 8 years.  He's in the Army at Ft. Bragg, NC, in the airborne and jumping out of perfectly good airplanes.  We are quite proud of him.

I have never seen the percentage in jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. If it is going to land in one piece I'm staying aboard.

We are happy to announce that grandchild number 9 arrived last week.  That means a trip to Illinois is in our future. 

My 6 mo. old grandson is a boy-genius. You should see how he bats at those little toys hanging off his little play arch.
Grandpa is completely insufferable.... !  ;D ;D ;D

MN Blue Skies said:
It's time for updates on the Brag Board.  Let's hear about those Children and Grandchildren!
No new children or grand children, but I do have 2 new great grandsons.  We're heading out to Idaho to see them for the first time next month.

5 grown boys(including a set of twins), 9 grandkids(including 2 sets of twins), 1 great grandson.  Married 40 years and counting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom