Buying a Cruise America Motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread caused me to look at Cruise America used RV's.  It gave me some confidence in the e 450 as many of their used motohomes have 160,000+ miles on them.  I doubt they keep them until they are at serious risk for major engine or transmission problems.  Many are smaller in length which would be easier on the engine and tranny.  I tended to think an e 450 was good for about 100K.

JFN said:
Please go back and read my post then please correct yours..

No need to read your post again as I included it because I agree with what you said.  Sorry if I didn't explain myself.

Another example  why we are known as the "Friendliest Place on the Web"?

Glad to hear there was a resolution. I have concluded that buy an RV, new or used, is almost guaranteed headaches for the first year or two. Maybe small maybe big, but almost universal.

I am glad you detailed your problems but can't understand why you say you would buy from them again. Gary mentioned a 2 year old lease car that he was happy with but I bet Gary that you didn't have 30 or 40 families driving that car before you got it.  A used rental RV to me would be the ultimate in 'taking a chance.'  I bought mine from the original owner who had it for the first 12 years of it's life and kept meticulous maintenance records. I have spent a fair amount of money on it myself but expected that as it aged, expenses would increase. Other than a remanufactured tranny for which I blame my own neglience, my expenses have been pretty minimal for 3 years.  Good luck on buying used RVs from rental companies.  I would much rather chance a buy from one owner units.

Bill

Rene T said:
WOW, aren't we feisty this morning.  The OP did in fact buy a coach from Cruise America and you did say that if they did, (which they did) they were morons and you just did it again above in bold letters. You can't deny that is what you said. There was nothing in a general way.  I guess I can take it that I'm not a moron because I didn't buy from them. WHEW!!!!! Am I lucky.  :eek: ::) :'(
It had nothing to do with luck, it had to do with due diligence ! I'll say it again,,, you would be a complete moron to buy anything from them and if you don't like what i have to say, i couldn't care less ! With all the undisclosed problems the OP had with it and he would still buy from them again,,, well proves my point. All you get is a shiny new paint job and new decals,,a drive train ready to break down at any time as it is all used up at 150k miles,, if thats a good deal ,,,then you are an imbecile !

Name calling and disparaging someone's character here is not acceptable. You can disagree with their ideas, but but throwing names around like moron and imbecile only serve to provoke retaliation and cause ill will. Therefore it will not be tolerated. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom