Campfires Stink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Camp fire smoke to smoke-eating Tarantula is pretty close compared to some of our conversations, eh Karl? ;D ;D

Steve should be commended. This thread, which is what I suspect is his intent was, has generated more responses than any other I can recall.

Woody

Back to 'stinking campfires'....we were camped in the Colorado mountains last night, in a lovely small USFS campground and the next site up the road (which was a lot more than an awning's width away) had a nice, little campfire and we got just the occasional wife of campfire smell. It was a very pleasant addition to a peaceful, quiet camping experience.

Then we got close to home and I could faintly smell fire....not campfire but wildfire. Sure enough, there's another fire up in Mesa Verde. I didn't think there was enough left there to burn.

raedmunds71 said:
Isn't this thread getting off track ???

Isn't that like conversations?  You start out with one topic and b4 you know it a gamete of topics are discussed.

I love a good campfire - the trouble is many people don't know how to build and maintain a good fire, they just grab a few green pieces of wood, manage to get them started, and then let them smolder and smoke. That is totally inconsiderate to their fellow campers. It only takes a couple of these smudge pot fires to spoil it for everyone at a campground.
A clean fire is good, :) smoke is bad. :(
Regards,
Dodgeman

I for one am all for campfires also. I grew up in the Boyscouts and without a campfire it wasn't camping to us.

Smoky,

I love the sig: "Smoky S

The magic of a campfire
where the fish get bigger
the mountains get higher
the hike was uphill both ways
and new friends become old friends"

Perfectly explains why a campfire is what it is.

Several Cities and states, inlcuding San Diego in "The Peoples Republic of California" have outlawed smoking at the beaches and in public parks. Concern about second hand smoke. Leads me to wonder if the camp fires are next?

Back
Top Bottom