Camping at Walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have only ever stayed at walmart, why? Because I dont have a clue how an RV works, and have only had it for 6 weeks or so, how to plug it in, how to dump anything - BUT I am learning, going to a camp ground is on my agenda as is, frying an egg on the propane stove AND flushing the toilet and emptying the tanks.
Welcome aboard and don't be intimated and don't be shy. What kind of RV do you have?

You'll need a sewer pipe and a few connector types and drink save water hose. With a 30 amp RV you probably don't need any adapters yet.

Then get to a camp ground and ask a friendly neighbor to help you hook up. It's pretty straight forward and RVers are a friendly bunch. You are probably going to need to dump soon any way and hooking up to the park is the same as a dump station.

Welcome aboard and don't be intimated and don't be shy. What kind of RV do you have?

You'll need a sewer pipe and a few connector types and drink save water hose. With a 30 amp RV you probably don't need any adapters yet.

Then get to a camp ground and ask a friendly neighbor to help you hook up. It's pretty straight forward and RVers are a friendly bunch. You are probably going to need to dump soon any way and hooking up to the park is the same as a dump station.
thank you, i am getting there - smile I didnt even drive it when I bought it, but I have driven it twice now, ( hubby drove it back home) It is a 1997 Dodge Ram 3500, Leisure Travel van wide body, ( apparently because of its advanced age some campgrounds want pictures ) to me it is absolutely beautiful. It is my reward for working the pandemic until my services were deemed unacceptable. Life in todays world, -I did not like the idea of being trapped in my city, province, country It is far from perfect BUT it gives me hope, and will help me heal. I have already met some lovely people both online and briefly in person. I am richly blessed. Will I be able to drive it across Canada, maybe, can I drive it down to florida, maybe? Will I learn something new - absolutely, AND patience will be my friend. I paid 19000 dollars it has 158000 km, I don't think it has ever seen winter, I hope to do a little painting And maybe sing a few songs and maybe just sit in my driveway and pluck my guitar. Back in the 60s I wanted to drive a van across Canada, I never did, but We have driven cars, across twice. one was an old boat that had transmission trouble in Wawa, nice man fixed it and on we went. I am so much older now BUT I am still ticking - thank you for your encouagement!

Enjoy the adventures and thanks for your work on the pandemic. I can only imagine your stress...

I am planning a Northeast trip in September. My brother is moving to Montreal, his wife is from Quebeq and they lived there for like 20 years decades ago. I am hoping to drive from Detroit-Toronto-Montreal on this trip but still in planning stages.

NH is beautiful in the fall. Maybe come down through that way on your way back to FL.

Actually the point of the trip is to get to Bar Harbor and Bangor Maine. It's part of my bucket list of places to see. I am fascinated by the lobstering, fishing and history of the area. I am a big boatie and have always had a hankering for a pilot house deck boat.

1658761898906.png

The Montreal leg is a bit optional - My brother and I had a pretty bad falling out last year, he's in California, and is in process to move back to Montreal. I am considering mending fences as best we can. I don't hold any grudges in life and we do speak a little via family eMails and messaging boards but I am not sure of his attitude about it.

Once he settles in and my trip gets closer I will alert him to the option. If he waves me off I may skeedaddle over on the US side and spend a little more time in the upper east.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom