Camping World CEO tells CNBC Trump supporters should not shop at his businesses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldgator73 said:
WRONG! (Yes I am yelling). A business cannot just arbitrarily say " I am not serving you".

Yes they can.  If someone comes in to my business and I'm in a bad mood I do not need to serve them.

No law can make me do business if I don't want to. Camping World could ask me to leave if I have a Swastika on my hat. They have no proof that I am a member of any hate group..... but they can ask me to leave their private property if they want to.

You do not have a constitutional right to purchase goods from a private business.  As the sign hanging on every business door says " We have the right to refuse service to anyone".

It is illegal to discriminate against people....but you can refuse service you if don't like them.

I could put a sign up in my business that says "We refuse to serve Snowflakes" and there is nothing you can do about it... and If you argue about it with me I can ask you to leave my property....:)

I'm curious ... of the people who replied to the post, how many listened, I mean really heard, the interview and gave it some thought before they replied to the post.  Be honest. 

MN Blue Skies said:
I'm curious ... of the people who replied to the post, how many listened, I mean really heard, the interview and gave it some thought before they replied to the post.  Be honest.
I didn't because I am not interested in politics. Nothing but liars.

TonyDtorch said:
If someone comes in to my business and I'm in a bad mood I do not need to serve them.

No law can make me do business if I don't want to.  just like Camping World could ask me to leave if I have a "Make America Great Again" hat on. They have no proof that I am a member of the KKK..... but they can ask me to leave their private property if they want to.

You do not have a constitutional right to purchase goods from a private business.  As the sign hanging on ever business door says " We have the right to refuse service to anyone"

Where are you getting your information from? You need to do some research. You are clearly not educated in the rules surrounding business licenses.

MN Blue Skies said:

Before my first post I did not. I went back and read the interview. That's when I realized this was not political but about supporting hate/racist groups.

And I just now got back to it. Thanks to Scott for locking it for me.  The point was made, opinions were voiced. Everyone can make their own decisions. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom