Canadian Maritimes (Marabito's)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron said:
Have a great visit with the Dicks, they are great hosts.  Oh and they have been known to put their guests to work. ;D

Ron,

They don't have to worry. We don't have to move out of a house this time. ;D ;D

Jeff Cousins said:
Ron:

No, we are not headed to Newfoundland first. Tentatively we will cross into Canada (07/15/008) up at Van Buren, Me near where I grew up, cross New Brunswick to Campbellton, then head down the coast to Moncton, cross the bridge to PEI (07/19/2008), out to the NE end of Nova Scotia (07/27/2008) , and then to Newfoundland probably around the first of August. If that starts to match up to your plans let's figure out where to join up. I've been told there are plenty of golf courses up there. ;D

I hope we'll see Russ and the Brewers as we get to Newfoundland or as they come off the Island to Nova Scotia. The Reavises' plans will still have them on Newfoundland the first part of August. We will also pass Ed (Hfx_Cdn) at Parlee Beach on the way to Moncton.
  We are entering New Brunswick at the south end and going to Bay of Fundy National Park for a base to explore the southern part of NB for a few days.  If we go to PEI it will probably be later in the trip after we have been in Newfoundland.  Possibly we could catch you in Moncton before you go into PEI.  From there, we will move into Nova Scotia where we could explore the central portion, then the southwest and on to northeast before going to Newfoundland.

We will explore the northern part of NB on the return before we go back to the west through Quebec.  We will stay in Canada over to Sault Ste Marie, where we drop back in US and continue west to Montana and then up to Lake Louise for a photo workshop.  After that, we will head for home.  Moncton, Amherst or Truro sound like the best possibilities.  I guess we need to be in Newfoundland by the first of August so we have some time the end of August for norther NB and the Gaspe Peninsula.  I need to be in Lake Louise area by the 12th or 13th of Sept.

Ron while Fundy Park is delightfull, it is not a convenient base to explore much more than the park.  Also, it does have a tendency to be cool since it is along the Bay of Fundy, with its high tides, and cold water.  You might wat to make a couple of stops on the way across southern NB.  St Andrews is a nice little tourist town, St John has much to see and do, Saint Martin is quaint, Sussex has a great farm base.  All before you hit the exit to Fundy.

Thanks to all the well wishers.

On the way, we stopped in the Cleveland area for (4) days to visit my sister, her brood and some old friends.  Weather was cool with intermittent rain.  Temp's at night were 50 degrees.  A far cry from Dallas temp's.  On Friday, we had a picnic at a local park with some of my old friends.  We had a great time.  None of them travel like I do and most could not afford it.

We arrived today at Jim and Pat Dicks place beside their daughters house in Connecticut.  We spent the entire afternoon just catching up before we went to dinner.  When we returned, Jim and I spent time with Photoshop and Pat and Shirley viewed images from their European trip with the Nathan's.  We went back to our coach about 9:15 and I am catching up on mail and messages.

Jim and I may go out for a photo shoot tomorrow at a local pond he heard about.  Says there is a lot of birds there.  Not sure what the gals will do.

Hfx_Cdn said:
Ron while Fundy Park is delightfull, it is not a convenient base to explore much more than the park.  Also, it does have a tendency to be cool since it is along the Bay of Fundy, with its high tides, and cold water.  You might wat to make a couple of stops on the way across southern NB.  St Andrews is a nice little tourist town, St John has much to see and do, Saint Martin is quaint, Sussex has a great farm base.  All before you hit the exit to Fundy.

We'll take that information under advisement.  We prefer to stay in one place with the coach and make day trips with the car.  Much cheaper that way.  If I see a good place to stop in those locations, I'll do it.

Ron and Shirley,

We liked Fundy National Park well enough, but you simply HAFTA go to Hopewell Rocks (aka the Flower Pots).  That's where you really see the tides (never have seen any good ones at Moncton) but Hopewell is amazing.  Be sure you stay long enough for both the high and low tides.  At low tide you go down onto the beach and walk among all the neat rocks that will be underwater later.  We loved that place!

ArdraF

I hear that Cap Enrag? is also a nice spot a few miles from Alma on the way to the Rocks.  I live in Saint John, lived in Moncton 6 years.  I camped in Fundy Park in May and yet have never went to Cap Enrag?.  Shame on me.

We had a great visit with Ron & Shirley but the photo shoot didn't work out too well. We did manage to find some huge Mountain Laurel bushes and I'm sure Ron got some great shots. Most of mine were out of focus so now I have to work on that problem. Probably my eyes. ;D ;D

We had another pleasant evening last night as Pete Harpin came down and we all went to dinner. It was great to see Pete again. I may see him tomorrow as we're trying to plan a motorcycle day trip somewhere between our locations.

We hated to see Ron & Shirley leave this morning.

Ron said:
Thanks for the report Jim.  It is always good to get together with Forum members.  Where are the photos of the minnie rally?

You know:  We were so busy visiting that neither one of us took any photos of each other.  I did shoot one of the coaches before we left.  I've also added a few shots from the visit.

Attachments

• Cleveland & Tolland, CTCRW_7131-01 (Small).jpg
    Cleveland & Tolland, CTCRW_7131-01 (Small).jpg
    15 KB · Views: 36
  • Cleveland & Tolland, CTCRW_7142-01 (Medium).jpg
    Cleveland & Tolland, CTCRW_7142-01 (Medium).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Cleveland & Tolland, CTCRW_7149-01 (Medium).jpg
    Cleveland & Tolland, CTCRW_7149-01 (Medium).jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Tolland, CT_MG_0201-01 (Medium).jpg
    Tolland, CT_MG_0201-01 (Medium).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Tolland, CT_MG_0202-01 (Medium).jpg
    Tolland, CT_MG_0202-01 (Medium).jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Tolland, CT_MG_0219-01 (Medium).jpg
    Tolland, CT_MG_0219-01 (Medium).jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 43
Ron from Big D said:
You know:  We were so busy visiting that neither one of us took any photos of each other.  I did shoot one of the coaches before we left.  I've also added a few shots from the visit.

Ron,

You could have left it at five photos. ;D ;D

Ron:

Have you made reservations for the ferry yet to Newfoundland, and if not when are you planning on going over and which ferry are you taking eastbound and westbound?

Jeff Cousins said:
Ron:

Have you made reservations for the ferry yet to Newfoundland, and if not when are you planning on going over and which ferry are you taking eastbound and westbound?

No reservations yet.  Will decide that a little later when I have a handle on our progress.  Our current plan is to go the short run and the long run back.

I made our reservations about three weeks ago and they were booked solid for the crossing we wanted. We were able to get on another
crossing. Cabin space is really tight. This was all on the Port Aux Basque crossing. The Marine Atlantic person I spoke with told me that
crossings were really up this year.

Dave

Dave R said:
I made our reservations about three weeks ago and they were booked solid for the crossing we wanted. We were able to get on another
crossing. Cabin space is really tight. This was all on the Port Aux Basque crossing. The Marine Atlantic person I spoke with told me that
crossings were really up this year.

Dave

Appreciate the info Dave.  We'll just have to take our chances.  I really can't tell yet what our schedule will be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom