Can’t find Winnebago Vista 21b tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike French

There seems to be many Winnebago Vista 21b RVs across the country, so does anyone know where to find tires for them? My tire dealer, Les Schwab, can’t find them. My owner manual says these are the only tires that will fit:

Rear: 215/65 R16C 109/107T
Front: 195/65 R16C 104/102T

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 5
Welcome Mike! My Google-fu is very strong this morning, a quick search found the rear tires at WalMart and Amazon. I didn't look for the fronts. I've used Tire Rack several times to order tires that are either significantly less expensive than a tire shop or tires that my dealer "can't find" (which means their wholesaler doesn't carry them.)

My JLG articulated boom lift uses very specialized tires (and $$$$$) and there was only one company that carried them - the manufacturer. That's a tire hard to find :)

As John described, there are plenty of sources for that size and the problem is simply that your dealer's distributor doesn't stock them, probably because of low demand. If you want to stay with that local shop, ask if they will install the tires if you provide them. You can get them from retailers who will drop ship them to you or your local store, e.g. Discount Tires Direct, Simpletire.com, motorhometires.com, Amazon, Tire Rack, etc. Or just go to a different tire shop in your area and see what they can do. Walmart, for example.

Welcome Mike! My Google-fu is very strong this morning, a quick search found the rear tires at WalMart and Amazon. I didn't look for the fronts. I've used Tire Rack several times to order tires that are either significantly less expensive than a tire shop or tires that my dealer "can't find" (which means their wholesaler doesn't carry them.)

My JLG articulated boom lift uses very specialized tires (and $$$$$) and there was only one company that carried them - the manufacturer. That's a tire hard to find :)
Are you sure Walmart has that size in the load range he is looking for? I saw several with lower load ratings but not the Cargo.

As John described, there are plenty of sources for that size and the problem is simply that your dealer's distributor doesn't stock them, probably because of low demand. If you want to stay with that local shop, ask if they will install the tires if you provide them. You can get them from retailers who will drop ship them to you or your local store, e.g. Discount Tires Direct, Simpletire.com, motorhometires.com, Amazon, Tire Rack, etc. Or just go to a different tire shop in your area and see what they can do. Walmart, for example.
Thank you!

That size maybe but do they have the correct load range?

What year is the Winnie? Have you had it since it was new? I wonder if you could run the same size all the way around it. The front size seems to me much more available.

What year is the Winnie? Have you had it since it was new? I wonder if you could run the same size all the way around it. The front size seems to me much more available.
2024. Two owners before me. I have had it five years and have driven it around the USA. Great rig.

Use this Tire Size Comparatior to determine an alternate size with nearly same dimensions. Bead width is also very important, but not found in that calculator. For example:
Tirerack.com has a 185/70R15 Sprinter tire for $200 that is close your 195/65R15 tires, but is not a winter tire.

Last edited:
They are both LR C, which is the common load range for that size tire. The upsize is LR D and that's ok too if that's all the distributor has. Just don't get a LR B (but I seriously doubt if you could find one anyway).
Sorry but I beg to differ on this. Most tires in a 215/65r16 are SL which are LRB and have a 98 load range. I don't see any in the LRC with the higher load range. The only tire I see is a LRD but it is a super aggressive all terrain.

.... If you want to stay with that local shop, ask if they will install the tires if you provide them. .....
An excellent suggestion, a national tire shop might not install a tire they don't sell. Fortunately we have a local shop that will work on anything from a wheelbarrow tire to industrial equipment, they don't care if you buy the tire from them or not.

Sorry but I beg to differ on this. Most tires in a 215/65r16 are SL which are LRB and have a 98 load range. I don't see any in the LRC with the higher load range. The only tire I see is a LRD but it is a super aggressive all terrain.
Never assume that anything you read on any forum is 100% accurate, it's always up to the thread originator to verify. It's really not necessary for responders to quality a statement with "as far as I can determine" or "as far as I know." That is always taken for granted.

It's time to move this thread to the General Discussion board as it's not really Winnebago specific enough to stay here.

I’m still trying to locate correct front tires for my Winnebago vista 21b. Some have suggested looking at brands like Nokia, Continental Vanco 2, and Thunderer. Some have said to make sure the load index is 109. And I have checked them all. But, the closest I can find is Nokian 195/65 R16, but the load index is only 104-T. Therefore, may I be so bold to ask the group once again, where is everone getting their tires? Thank you.

I have found that my locally owned, non-franchised tire shop not only stocks a wide variety of tires from most cars to large commercial vehicles.. there’s obviously limits. But these guys have the ability to outsource from any other supplier they require without contractural locks that WalMart, Costco, and good ol’ Les are bound to. The owner can sometimes be a jerk, but he KNOWS his business, and they are literally a one stop shop, knowing all the local shops in the area as well as their suppliers.. If they can’t source it, it’s usually not available. And the money stays locally..

There seems to be many Winnebago Vista 21b RVs across the country, so does anyone know where to find tires for them?
A little data.

2004 was a VERY good year for Winnebago, they sold 12516 motorhomes, the most they have sold in at least 20 years (2022 came close - 12058, but there were also years like 2009 - just 2196). Of those 12516 units, 4408 were Class C motorhomes and only 114 were Winnebago Vista 21B models, and 42 were Itasca Sunstar 21B models.

They built the VW based Vista/Sunstar for three years, probably just a few hundred of them out there. You'll be lucky to find any 21B owners at a site like this.

Maybe the Rialta used the same tires? They seem to have a good following.

This says tires are pretty similar: Rialta tire info Maybe some help there?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom