Can’t find Winnebago Vista 21b tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m still trying to locate correct front tires for my Winnebago vista 21b. Some have suggested looking at brands like Nokia, Continental Vanco 2, and Thunderer. Some have said to make sure the load index is 109. And I have checked them all. But, the closest I can find is Nokian 195/65 R16, but the load index is only 104-T. Therefore, may I be so bold to ask the group once again, where is everone getting their tires? Thank you.
It does appear that Nokian makes a Cline cargo in both of those sizes. I believe that the brand has had some tires on backorder so availability might be an issue. Maybe the thing to do is to go to the Nokian website and see if they have a dealer locator. You might have to go with the 104T

I am like Ray, I can't belive they call out a smaller single for the front and a bigger for the back where you have duels. I would look and see if I could run the bigger tires up front to and at least load range "C".
Have you looked at the FMCA tire discount program?

This brings back memories of my '82 Mustang GT with it's 390mm rims that only fit one Michelin tire that cost 2X what a similar tire in a normal size would sell for. You either sucked it up and bought those, or got new wheels to fit more sensible price tires.

Looking into it, I find this RV based on a T4 Transporter chassis. But the T4 in normal configuration is a van, and tires that fit are all over the place in size, and mostly lesser load capacity.

If this were mine, I'd be looking for an suitable alternate size, more widely available tire versus trying to track down an exact match that's probably back ordered forever or some sketchy brand. +1 on finding an equal or greater weight rating.

Continental has some listed that might work. I'd be cautious of any upsizing, especially on the front for turning and wheel arch clearance. Of course any minor diameter change will throw off speedo calibration, and I'm not sure how big an issue that would be on a VW chassis. On most common light trucks it's a simple change most scan tools enable. A VW dealer or specialty shop may be able to help if this is needed.

Good luck! and please return to update once you figure it out.

For the front (195/65/R16C with Load Index 104 I find Nokian & Otani, two brands I know nothing about.
Also those plus Lanvigator and Centara at
Some other sources:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom