Card lock fuel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I checked out one called Pacific Pride. They sent me an application. I will report if they approve me.

Yes please let us know what you find out, and can you give current fuel price. Thanks in advance

We've been with Pacific Pride for 10+ years. VERY handy. You must pay your fuel bill, in full, every month... we like that.

Their stations are very strategically located and mainly for Big Trucks.. so they are Very Easy to use... plenty of maneuvering room, for Rv's.

Their cards are also honored at Pilot and Fuelman stations.

Because most all Pacific Pride stations Have NO Frills, are unattended, and are not "Truck Stops"... they are seldom as busy/crowded. Easy In.. Fuel Up.. Easy Out 

I found this on their website: "available to commercial vehicles only".  See #2 below...
https://www.pacificpride.com

The Cardlock Advantage

24 hour, 7 days a week access
Available to commercial vehicles only - less wait
No convenience store distractions
Over 1,000 sites across the U.S. and Canada
Clean and well-lit, easy access for class 8 vehicles
Diesel fuel with high speed dispensers (40 gal/min)
No monthly card or service fee
Pricing and credit terms are negotiated locally

H5-Phil said:
I found this on their website: "available to commercial vehicles only".  See #2 below...
https://www.pacificpride.com

The Cardlock Advantage

24 hour, 7 days a week access
Available to commercial vehicles only - less wait
No convenience store distractions
Over 1,000 sites across the U.S. and Canada
Clean and well-lit, easy access for class 8 vehicles
Diesel fuel with high speed dispensers (40 gal/min)
No monthly card or service fee
Pricing and credit terms are negotiated locally

H5-Phil purdy much sez it all but...

Yes, they sell the 3 grades of Gasoline too.

Most all have the smaller diesel nozzles.

Most all either Are, or will Be.. selling DEF.

Price per is a few cents less than the [Area] price per.

The One thing I like is.. They are located, or have partisipating stations in smaller towns, Off The Interstates. Example (?,) we recently RV'd up the California/Oregon coast, from CenCal to Astoria, OR. and back to CenCal... Used Pacific Pride all the way, except for 2 Pilot truck stops.. which accepted their card. Very Handy.

Visit their Web Site for the Full Gouge ??

So...how do you get past the commercial vehicles only aspect?

BIG JOE said:
H5-Phil purdy much sez it all but...

Yes, they sell the 3 grades of Gasoline too.

Most all have the smaller diesel nozzles.

Most all either Are, or will Be.. selling DEF.

Price per is a few cents less than the [Area] price per.

The One thing I like is.. They are located, or have partisipating stations in smaller towns, Off The Interstates. Example (?,) we recently RV'd up the California/Oregon coast, from CenCal to Astoria, OR. and back to CenCal... Used Pacific Pride all the way, except for 2 Pilot truck stops.. which accepted their card. Very Handy.

Visit their Web Site for the Full Gouge ??

I don't know about Pacific Pride but the card-lock companies in Canada accept the statement "Yeah, I'm commercial"  ;)
You also have to tick a box saying you will probably use over 10,000 liters per year. If you don't that's OK too. They really just want your money...

Pacific Pride operates franchises. I applied at a local one. The gal in the office says they usually want a 200 gallon min per year. My guess is that if the local franchise wants your business they will put you on. I will find out soon enough when the get my application.

The commercial issue is simply a way to cut down on the small purchasers.  If you take the time to apply and have a decent credit history they'll accept you.  Also a lot of cardlock stations are now accepting credit cards, Sinclair is one.

Cardlocks usually sell high quantities of fuel which benefits customers in that ethanol blended gasolines don't sit in the tanks long.  Also ULSD diesel gets turned over in the tanks in high quantities reducing the possibilities of water contamination.

The only thing that you need to keep in mind with a cardlock station is that many times they are not selling Top Tier gasoline (Sinclair is the exception) which once in a while isn't a bad thing but continued use in a gasoline injected engine isn't such a good thing.

They just approved me today. Say I will get my card in a couple of weeks. I signed up as an individual. They did set me up where the monthly bill comes straight out of my checking account.

Bbbriggs said:
They just approved me today. Say I will get my card in a couple of weeks. I signed up as an individual. They did set me up where the monthly bill comes straight out of my checking account.

There ya go  :))

We cancelled our Gas cards years ago.. and use Pacific Pride almost exclusively. For us, once we got in to their locations, we found them to be just about Everywhere we go. Between them, CFN and Pilot/Flying J... we're Good To Go... on the RV side of life.

FWIW... There's a Pacific Pride system App.. with a "Where Am I" feature... poke it.. it'll show where the stations are.. nearest you. Other Brand Named, but Participating stations to their system too.

No Frills, No Fluff.. Just Fuel... and plenty of Room to Git'r Dun.

Had the first occasion to try the cards. During the solar eclipse I went to central Oregon. There were upwards of 100,000 people converging on the area of Madras and Prineville. There were massive traffic jams on hwy 26 and 97. Big lines at the gas stations too. Rolled up on the card lock in Prineville and there was no line and easy access with my cargo trailer. I was out of there in 2 minutes. Since I signed up for direct withdrawal on my checking account I put in the card, entered the pin, selected the pump number and got the gas. There was no dollars shown on the pump only gallons. Later the next day I got an email of the invoice.

I am guessing they do not include the detergent additives that are included in top tier gas stations. Just something to consider. They probably make a good profit since they don't give 4% to the debit companies or have to wait for payment. Very handy to have a second source for fuel though as you found out.

keymastr said:
I am guessing they do not include the detergent additives that are included in top tier gas stations. Just something to consider. They probably make a good profit since they don't give 4% to the debit companies or have to wait for payment. Very handy to have a second source for fuel though as you found out.

After my 25 years in the Fuel Distribution Business... Top Tier "Additives" are basically just a Marketing Ploy. My Burger is better than Your Burger ? ALL petroleum products must meet Government, and API (American Petroleum Institute) standards.

Card Lock stations can offer a break in pricing Based on Volume sales, and a lower overhead. No Attendant, No food, No extras at all. Fuel Only.. with Their Card Only. Pay the Whole Bill.. Monthly= Lower billing costs. Good for Them... Good for Us. 

BIG JOE said:
After my 25 years in the Fuel Distribution Business... Top Tier "Additives" are basically just a Marketing Ploy.

Yes & No.  Back in the days of carbureted engines this was very true but in the world of today's high performance electronically fuel injected power plants things are a bit different.  My Hyundai runs along quite happily on unbranded fuel, my Victory motorcycle on the other hand will let me know within a couple of tanks of Maverik gasoline that it is not happy with my choice.  Having said that I do run branded premium in the car simply because I can get non-ethanol Exxon still here in Wyoming and the car sits for long periods of time without running.

I do agree with you, most of the top tier stuff is just fluff but fuel injectors are finicky contraptions.  A few years ago when I was in the fuel distribution business and Shell came out with their "Nitrogen Enriched" pitch I was curious as to how an inert gas benefitted the fuel burn of gasoline.  I guess they figured that if people were gullible enough to put it in their tires why not use it to promote gasoline.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom