Carriage Fifth Wheels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinterland

Curious, does anyone on here, have a Carriage product for full time?  Or know of a friend who does?  Any opinions?

We have an opportunity for one, it's a 27' rear kitchen, with 2 slides.  We do winter in Canada, and we already have an Okanagan which is real good quality, but just wonder if anyone has experience with a Carriage.  It's the Compass C2, and we do RV Full Time in Canada all year round. 

We did look at a short video detailing construction, but all companies say theirs is the best.  (smiles)

I know we have at least two members who have owned Carriage trailers. One was a 30 ft and the other a lovely 36' Carri-lite. The Carri-lite is a fabulous RV.

My parents full-timed in a Carri-lite for a couple of years - all over the country. They loved it and the only reason they sold it was to get something bigger.

Kev

Not sure if the Cameo version from Carriage is the same as the one your looking at. The 2008 Cameo has little insulation Walls R 8 Floor R 24 roof R 16 which might be a little light for Canadian winters. Also are the windows double pane?

We own a 32' Carriage Compass we don't full time in it, however I wouldn't. The insulation is marginal at best. We live in Fl. and find that the air conditioner has a hard time to cool when the temps get in the mid 90's. Then when we go to to Me. and N.H. in the fall for the foliage season and visit family we need to leave by the end of Oct. as the furnace is always running to keep the temp up to par. The Compass is on the lower end of the Carriage line. IMHO Gerry

Hello,
IT is a 2006 Carriage Compass C2. It's the 27RKS.
We found a brochure online, but in comparing that brochure to the 2006 Carriage brochure, as to the Construction paragraphs, it seems quite a bit different.  Not sure what to think, as we were going to put a deposit on it today.  Here is the link to the brochures.
Here is the Compass C2
http://www.jerrystrailers.com/fckimages/2006Brochures/2006_Carriage_Compass_C2.pdf
And here for the Carriage http://www.jerrystrailers.com/fckimages/2006Brochures/2006_Carriage.pdf

Not sure if the Compass line has the better insulation and construction, as the brochure does not say what the ratings are, like it does in the carriage.

i wouldnt personally

no double pane windows, no heated underbelly, no artic package of any sort, and by comparision my Voltage has r40 roof r24 slide floors and r11 walls and at zero or below Celcius it has to work hard to stay warm and we live in Calgary and we have the double pane windows heated etc etc also at 27 ft that unit only has a 30,000 btu furnace where as mine is a 40,000 and with a published dry weight of 9000 lbs they have had to cut corners somewhere and my guess would be insulation

This one was ordered with the dual pane windows and heated basement.  And 2" floors in slide outs.

You can't equate the Compass to the Carriage model - much different class of RV.  Carriage is both the manufacturer name and their premium brand (though they also owned the Royals International luxury brand).  Next step down was the Carri-lite, then the Cameo, and finally the Compass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HenryPel
Back
Top Bottom