Ceiling repair-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi All,

For all whom assisted me the least I can do is let you know what way I am proceeding. I found the following company outside Pittsburg PA.

http://dipcraft.com/inventory.html

Howard at 800-229- 2363 was extremely helpful.  I am going to place FRP throughout the rig. It is light, has a smooth surface, and water resistant.  Howard has dividers and exposeed end caps to 'smooth out,' any areas that I place the FRP in the open.  I will place pics in a few months when I am finished.

Each 4 by 8 piece is $64.00 (don't hold me to that price).  Looking at a 300 to 500 job when finished but it will be well worth it-  The ceiling paper underneath can rot, split and do whatever it wants to underneath!

Drew

don't have this problem....yet. i do have a question though. i think my understanding of this thread is to remove as much rotted/loose luan as you can. then just go over the room with new, glued and screwed to the old? after leak has been found repaired, and damage isn't anthing structural.

thanks bill

Hi Bill,

That was part of my question, you are correct.  I was also trying to ascertain the 'cleanest' way to do the job.  It sounds as if I am not as handy with woodwork as the other members on this post, so I decided to go a route that I am comfortable-

i dont know if this will help you but when we put in tub surrounds in bathrooms , we glue them to the walls. the mfg suggest taping the edges until the glue has set. i can tell you this is not sufficient to hold it. what we do is brace the panels with wood until the glue has had a proper set time. you might find if you are having trouble getting the panel to stick long enough for the glue to dry, try putting several boards on the ceiling and then propping up braces to hold them until the glue sets. works for me. good luck

To all,

I am fortunate to have an extremely talented and creative mother. I asked her opinion and I may place in a vinyl ceiling.  The vinyl goes up with a staple gun, it is resistant to mold and mildew, can be cut easily, it is lightweight, and a pretty original idea if I must say so too- For all of you overly masculine men, you may be cursing and making fun of me under your breath  ;D I know a few of my buddies are going to give me a hard time. Wait and judge after I post pics. I am going to wait for warmer weather so you will have to hang tight.

Back
Top Bottom