Change of Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here in Virginia, liquor stores are an essential business. If not, Southwest Virginia still has a bunch of illegal moonshiners.  ;)

My wife and I have gotten too used to our bedtime cocktails:

Brandy. Preferably VSOP. as much as you want in a rocks glass
Triplesec. Again however much you want
Bitters. Not too much; just a few shakes
Maraschino Cherry juice. Not too much since the jar is small and you need enough for your second drink.
Maraschino Cherries. Stab 4 on one of those fancy bamboo toothpicks.
Stir and enjoy. Did I say to fill the glass with ice first.
Take three Benadryl with two of these cocktails and sleep like a baby. 

Oldgator73 said:
Knee surgery for me is the choice of walking or not. I have never needed a gun but I do need new knees.
Well you may need one at the rate the country is going. They are emptying out the jails. And in the mountains there has been past experiences of the not so honorable like Eric Rudolph  hanging out for a while. But don't worry, there are Indians up that way too,  ;)

Boat Addict said:
Well you may need one at the rate the country is going. They are emptying out the jails. And in the mountains there has been past experiences of the not so honorable like Eric Rudolph  hanging out for a while. But don't worry, there are Indians up that way too,  ;)

Guns and liquor don?t mix and I ain?t givin up my liquor. Now if they close the liquor stores I may have to buy a gun.  :mad:

Oldgator73 said:
Guns and liquor don?t mix and I ain?t givin up my liquor. Now if they close the liquor stores I may have to buy a gun.  :mad:

You're not going to need a gun.  Unless you need groceries or want to keep the ones you already have.  ;) 

garyb1st said:
You're not going to need a gun.  Unless you need groceries or want to keep the ones you already have.  ;)

Won?t need a weapon for groceries. There are plenty where we live. And if someone needs groceries bad enough to have to steal them, I will gladly share.

Oldgator73 said:
Won?t need a weapon for groceries. There are plenty where we live. And if someone needs groceries bad enough to have to steal them, I will gladly share.

Would you share your toilet paper.  ;)

Nah!

Large red wine glass
  Fill half full with VSOP Cognac
  Approx 1/4 ounce of white Creme de menth
  Add 10 ice cubes
Cherries optional (we avoid sugars)

Ernie

Ernie n Tara said:
Nah!

Large red wine glass
  Fill half full with VSOP Cognac
  Approx 1/4 ounce of white Creme de menth
  Add 10 ice cubes
Cherries optional (we avoid sugars)

Ernie

That sounds good but I would posit cognac and creme de menth is not exactly avoiding sugars.

I'm not asking this to get into politics, in fact I'm very pro gun and own a large number of them, but I'm curious and don't understand, why would gun stores be considered essential right now? Is it because of our constitutional right to own them? I mean closing gun stores doesn't mean people can't own guns it just means there's a pause on buying more. Maybe they don't want to be accused of going anti constitution?  Or is there something I'm totally missing?

RVMommaTo6 said:
I'm not asking this to get into politics, in fact I'm very pro gun and own a large number of them, but I'm curious and don't understand, why would gun stores be considered essential right now? Is it because of our constitutional right to own them? I mean closing gun stores doesn't mean people can't own guns it just means there's a pause on buying more. Maybe they don't want to be accused of going anti constitution?  Or is there something I'm totally missing?

It?s political. Has to do with the NRA. We have no need for a gun and nobody I know needs the gun stores to be open during this crisis. I feel the same way about liquor stores. I like a cocktail or two or a few glasses of wine a night but if liquor stores closed I would just do without.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Considered a "somewhat safe" activity.  AND - gov can still collect taxes and help the economy a bit - same as liquor stores.  They don't want to shut the country down completely.  JMO

It's pretty obvious when a state like Utah owns and operates all the liquor stores,, are they going to close.??  (Not a chance,, the sales are thru the roof now))>>>Dan

phil-t said:
Considered a "somewhat safe" activity.  AND - gov can still collect taxes and help the economy a bit - same as liquor stores.  They don't want to shut the country down completely.  JMO
It just seems contrary to the stay at home orders. I might need to occasionally run out for food or toilet paper, but a gun? Now if I could shoot corona as it entered the house, sure, but... Lol

Oldgator73 said:
It?s political. Has to do with the NRA.
That is just an opinion. And opinions are like ?? everyone has one.
My Motorhome will not start unless my double barrel shotgun is onboard.
By the way, what is the NRA?

LTG said:
That is just an opinion. And opinions are like ?? everyone has one.
My Motorhome will not start unless my double barrel shotgun is onboard.
By the way, what is the NRA?
But if you feel that way (and I do too), wouldn't you already have your gun and therefore not need the gun stores open for the month? I'm just making a point, I couldn't care less whether they're open or not, I just find it odd that they're considered essential.

RVMommaTo6 said:
But if you feel that way (and I do too), wouldn't you already have your gun and therefore not need the gun stores open for the month? I'm just making a point, I couldn't care less whether they're open or not, I just find it odd that they're considered essential.
I don't care if they are open or not. I just don't believe they are open or closed for political reasons.

Back
Top Bottom