circuit breaker ID question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bushwacker

hello all

just received a 1983 Itasca Spectrum. I know NOTHING about RVs or any of their systems so this may be the first of many questions.  :eek:

Attatched to the motor framework, passenger side, is a bank of circuit breakers attatched to a solonoid. There are 2-6Amp (stamped 292)  1-20Amp (252?) 1-40Amp (330) that is the only ID. I'm guessing that they are auto reset circuit breakers because I don't see any reset buttons.  My question is are they Type 1 (total auto reset) or Type 2 (turn the power off to reset)? Which type would be preferred?  Thanks.

Hi there - welcome to rvforum!  Check out our  Winnebago board and in the resources sticky is a link to a classic Winnie site - you might give them a try.

Typically auto-reset breakers are supplied only with headlight and other safety-related 12v circuits. They are typically full auto reset. The 40A may well be the headlamp circuit. Don't have a clue about the others. What make of chassis is it?

thanks for the replys guys. the winn section looks to be a great resource for me. a spectrum IS a Winn.  ;) IC823DH.  who would've thunk it. I am a greenhorn!

regarding the chassis I punched in my VIN number and received: an 82 Chevy P-Series Van 8Cylinder 5.7/350 CID.

I need to replace these breakers. Their placement was right under the seam between the passenger front fender and the hood. needless to say, they are very corroded.

I have to have them shipped to me, small island in SE Alaska, so I want to get the correct replacement first time.
Looking at a parts site, they only have type 1 6Amp not type 2. they have both 20 and 40A in type 1 and 2.  ???

Something tells me I opened a whole can of worms with this project but I've always wanted a RV... and sometimes, unfortunately, dreams come true!!  I shudder to think what else I 'm going to find as I stumble through this. Seems like a great bunch of folks here, though.

Thanks for any input.

Back
Top Bottom