Coleman Roadtrip XL Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
different question....

Can I use propane from the tank on the MH as fuel for the Coleman grill or do I have to buy the small container of propane sold by Coleman?

thx, Gary

taoshum said:
different question....

Can I use propane from the tank on the MH as fuel for the Coleman grill or do I have to buy the small container of propane sold by Coleman?

thx, Gary

We use our main tank from the motorhome for our grill all the time....no problem!  :)

taoshum said:
different question....

thx, Gary

Not a problem though you may need an adaptor.

Well, I guess I screwed up and didn't read the manual  ;D. 

We use ours with no water in the tray and lid closed and it makes great steaks & burgers.  Even done breakfast on it.  Cleanup is easy.  Once it cools down, I wipe out the tray with paper towels and use a little spray cleaner, and do the grills in the sink.

Here's a Picture of my install.

Tom

We have the red road trip with scew in legs. I spray the grill and drip pan with pam for grills and cleans up great. I just use a grill cleaning pad the black ones with a plastic handle while the grill is still hot I dip the cleaning pad in water and clean the grill works great!

Don't hate me.... but don't much care for those little grills for r.v.'s and opted for a different thing and thought I share it with you all:

I bought this one.

http://www.amazon.com/George-Foreman-GGR200RDDS-Outdoor-Electric/dp/B000PIEG1Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1244067278&sr=8-1

I  Have used it at home (indoors and outdoors).  It is a cinch to clean.  The meat is seared, cooks quickly.  Can be used on a campground  table (without the legs and providing you have a long extension cord) and stores easily in one of the bays of the toy hauler.

I just love this thing and Costco has it for around 60 bucks.

I have cooked 8 burgers and still had room to spare.  Made marinated ribs too and hot dogs.

Can roast a small turkey in it (have not tried it but the domed lid is great)

Hope it helps someone.

PEACE

S J Strait said:
I think it would be tough for someone who boondocks alot just my honest opinion.

True if every meal is cooked on a b-bque and the length of time bundocking was extremly long, but by then, they would have run out of lp and gas, etc... Just saying that with  a generator or c.c. power it would work well.  Just another option to consider.

PEACE

freelance said:
True if every meal is cooked on a b-bque and the length of time bundocking was extremly long, but by then, they would have run out of lp and gas, etc... Just saying that with  a generator or c.c. power it would work well.  Just another option to consider.

PEACE
Yes and if you are someone who is on electric sites alot or most of the time it would save you money buying LP all the time. I know when we are on electric we use our hot plates as much as we can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlie13
Back
Top Bottom