comparisons - which is the better coach -- Tiffin Allegro OR Rexhal RexAir

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duanecatman

if both coaches are the same size, year and comparably equipt with similar mileage for about the same price -- which coach would be the better built one. A newbie who could use some guidance. Thanks all

Don't think twice about the Tiffin Allegro. I have no comment on the Rexhal.

Sorry Tom but I'm not sure on whether that was a vote for or against the Tiffin

It better had been for or Marsha and I will be letting the air out of his tires.

I think they are pretty equal, and I drive an Allegro. I think the floor plan would be what made my decision in that scenario.

It was "for" the Tiffin. I've never owned one, but have seen a number owned by friends, and everything I see, read and hear speaks highly of their quality and their customer support.

Not because I own a Tiffin; but because when we were looking we actually looked at a Rexair and felt it was poorly built.  Plus we heard about that same the time that there was a class action suit against Rexhall due to quality control.  I was never able to verify that info; but the Rexhalls we looked at were not very good at the "fit and finish".  We found loose wires, screens that didn't fit and the list went on.

Even if you don't choose the Tiffin, I think you would be better served to keep looking and finding more to compare.

Marsha~

What Marsha said. We saw several Rexair units at the Pomona RV show a couple of years ago. They had obviously sloppy work, like ill-fitting wood trim, insulation hanging out of cracks in the exterior, etc. I was amazed that they were put on display in that condition.

Tiffin by far is the better coach, I have a 2007 Rose Air and this was the biggest mistake in my life.  It started with Rexhall using a 2000 chassis with a 2007 coach.  The wiring harness had to be replaced.  Then the following items needed replacing or fixing: starter, alternator, air bag sensor, tires, power steering hose and chassis a/c.  The chassis had been sitting out in the desert for 7 years before they built the top part.  I filed a lemon lawsuit, but it was included in their chap 11.  The unit has only 6,000 miles and is now undergoing a top realignment and rebuild at a cost of more than 40K.  The folks at Rexhall will not even cooperate with the repair facility to obtain parts.  Almost everything in the coach has some sort of contact paper holding the trim together.  Also, nothing in the coach is plumb, walls were out of alignment and was breaking the trim.  Slide out were poorly put together, almost like to different teams assembled them and were off by more the an inch when retracted.  The electrical conduit is constructed of two pieces of pvc that slides into each other and mine popped out and almost drove a hole into the side of the coach.  Don't believe their ad about quality and safety, it must have a different meaning than the rest of America.  Save yourself time and money look elsewhere.

No question about that. I would always prefer a Tiffin product over an equal product from a competitor. One of the main reasons is support from the factory. If you ever owned a Tiffin Coach you know what I mean. These guys are just absolutely the best in the industry and they do everything to keep their community happy and on the road. All of my Tiffin problems were always taken care immediately and most of the time at no extra cost to me. The quality of Tiffin products is also outstanding and way above the comparable products from other competitors. It might sound a bit like I work for Tiffin but that's not the case. I was just always impressed by their service, and by the way where in this industry would you find a CEO or President of the company that you can actually get on the phone and talk to him? Just outstanding! Whenever I will be in the market for a new Rig there is no question that I will first look at Tiffin products.

Reto

Tiffin for sure.  When we were shopping for a motorhome years ago, one of the mechanics who worked for the Rexair dealership (a friend), pulled us aside and said "whatever you do, DON'T by a Rexair".

Margi

Also like my Tiffin.  Like any RV, there are some things I wish they had done differently but overall it is fairly well built and they have excellent support.

We own a 2006 42 QDP , Tiffin Allegro Bus. Its had some of the usual 2nd owner problems, in the
neighborhood of $2500.00 of maintence things, but we'd never have anything else but this Bus. The
Tiffin family stand behind thier product, and theres a great on line network of just Tiffin owners to
assist on any problem that might occur, in record break reply speed. Go for the Tiffin !

Rick / Marilyn
2006 42 QDP, Allegro Bus
2003 Jeep TJ, Wrangler Toad

Update to my Rexhall nightmare - the rv repair facility has over $50,000 in repairs just to fix ALL the major and minor problems in my 2007 Rose Air.  I have just found out that the entire roof needs to be replaced since Rexhall can't seem  to find anyone who can mix the resin properly.  More than a 100 cracks have been found.  The parts manager Alex will not support their efforts to repair this pile of junk.  Their web page boast of quality control and safety, well Bill Rex has no idea of either.  I have reported them to DOT, FTC and RVIA.  Just for everyone information, RVIA is a bogus seal of approval they can't do anything about how MFg's build RV's, so don't think that is a seal of approval like UL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom