Correct Hughes Autoformer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dick Zeiter

Do you have to carry two Hughes Autoformers, one 30 amp and one 50 amp to match whatever your site provides?

My coach is wired for 50 amp.

No. Whether Hughes Autoformer or Surge Guard, or Progressive EMS, or any other similar product, buy the one that matches the power cord for your RV. That is all that you need.

Since your RV is a 50A version you need to have a device with a 50A capability. If you connect to a 30A power supply you will be limited to the 30A available but your Autoformer is a voltage controlling device and while it can boost voltage, the most current it can use will be limited by the circuit breaker on the power pedestal and so you will only be able to use 30A.

No you get the 50 amp like I have (And no longer need) and the dogbone (likey still have that somewhere too)

Suggestion: Look into "installing" that autoformer..
Logic
Some campgrounds the rules say "no autoformers" if they don't see it you don't have it (NOTE one I know of that has that rule did not enforce it last I checked)

Two: Them suckers are HEAVY so there is a strong temptation to "oh forget it" on an overnight.

3: Sticky fingers do not touch what they can not see

Thank you Kirk & John.
Also, I recently cut the shoreline near the entry point and put a male plug on it. I put a female on the shoreline. This provides 1. not having to wrap up the whole cord for just a quick trip to the dump station and 2. Now the autoformer can be in the shoreline compartment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom