Covid News. (Good News)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, I get it now. The scientists, the PhD’s, the medical doctors, the nurses, the physician assistants, everybody is on the take. And they will not use the drugs you suggested because they work to ALLEVIATE COVID.
How can you be so cynical about honest citizens who legally carry firearms to protect themselves, and so naive about the truly evil forces at work in this country?

Reading the comments, I'm guessing Faux News is still alive and well. For those of us with compromised immune systems, this is no laughing matter.
Accepted and respected.

My age, like many of us, puts me in a defined high-risk class, though I don't consider myself "at risk." I'm fortunate to be fairly healthy; I and my wife both have had Covid twice, once each before getting the Johnson shot and once after, both times mildly, but we'll never take a booster. The instances of healthy athletes and young people dropping dead from cardiac arrest -- especially the last two weeks or so -- is frightening to us.

The truth about Covid susceptibility, about the three major vaccines, about the efficacy of masks, is too clouded and convoluted for us to understand, but the success of Florida's response, vaccinate the elderly and those with known risk factors (but not children), use social distancing and common sense, and not mandate masking, is observable and unquestionable history. And I am of the impression that actual scientific investigation suggests that masks aren't effective, though I don't take that as gospel either.

I accept that those of us with true at-risk factors, and I don't consider age alone as one, truly are at greater risk than the rest of us, and their/your concerns should not be disparaged. Beyond that I have absolutely no creds to pontificate.

How can you be so cynical about honest citizens who legally carry firearms to protect themselves, and so naive about the truly evil forces at work in this country?
An “honest “ citizen carrying a firearm could very well compromise my health while these scientists and medical professionals are (the majority) of them are doing their level best to help us thru this pandemic. It’s pretty scary that someone would believe the medical professionals that worked 18 hour shifts, some 6-7 days a week, risking their lives giving care to folks suffering and dying from COVID, are truly evil forces.

Consider that there can be contention between truly conscientious and compassionate caregivers and the organizations they work for or with. You don't go through some level of medical school on a whim, I believe most of them with few exceptions want to help others. But when you work for say a hospital, that gets government funding for providing covid care under very controlled and specific conditions it takes away from what an individual doctor or nurse may think would be better for a patient. Or, what the patient themselves may want even potentially at their own peril. Layer on top of that a mandate that caregivers must get an inoculation that by definition is experimental and with limited evidence to show it accomplishes what it claimed (and in hindsight proved it didn't), and be terminated if you didn't comply then they're in a near complete no-win. I don't begrudge the doctors and nurses one bit, for the most part they were "following orders" from their employers with their license to practice in peril for noncompliance. I think history will reveal the true shltshow that was the institutional pandemic treatment protocol, incentives paid to medical administrators to bolster numbers and needless hardship imposed on caregivers. The evidence shows that for some portions of the population the vaccine helped and even after mutations now, it may still. Why can't what is arguably significant empirical data be applied to targeting specific risk groups instead of the still one size fits all approach to vaccinations? Why are mask mandates still being discussed when it's clear even when they were in force it didn't help? What's with the campaign of fear to get every booster as soon as it's available? I believe that this hand has been overplayed, and based on limited vaccination rates the public doesn't believe what's being sold anymore especially when it comes to sticking small children. "For the public good", "for grandma and grandpa", and even at some risk of dying from the thing isn't sufficient for most to buy into what is turning out to be a grand deception by our government. Any potential good that might be there is overshadowed by the politicization and outright fraud and corruption by elected and unelected officials, pharmaceutical companies and complicit participation of the media. So now what - who do you believe? I have no idea, other than I doubt everything and everyone and have no qualms about taking matters into my own hands using any means necessary about everything that involves myself and my family. The "expert" and "professional" ship has sailed, that's not an automatic license to rule my life.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

From CBS, Jan 2021-

"A significant percentage of doctors, nurses, EMS workers, support staff and other health care employees said they turned down the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines over concerns they may not be safe or effective, according to a recent survey by Surgo Ventures, a non-profit group focused on solving health and social problems. Others in the health field worried the development of the vaccine had been rushed."

Something like 8% of doctors retired when this all started. You don't think some of those were for ethics reasons re the vax?

Docs follow the protocols to the letter or lose their licenses. Same with nurses many of whom also quit or retired. You can find some of them on social media trying to spread the truth.

Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything they do not want to do. If you don’t want the vaccine, don’t get it. If you don’t want to wear a mask, don’t wear one. If you believe the vaccine will kill you, don’t get it. The only place a mask is required that we visit is our health care facilities. Doesn’t bother me in the least to wear that mask when visiting my doctor, lab, or any other facility operated by Christiana Health Care. As for the medical professionals that quit because they did not agree with the COVID protocols, good riddance. My brother and his family went to a doctor that bought into the No vax scare tactics and convinced them to do the same. He died from COVID. While he was in the hospital on a ventilator I asked his daughter if they would now get vaccinated her reply was absolutely not. My sister in law called me the day my brother died and during the conversation she told me she was going to get vaccinated. Too freaking late for my brother!

Uncle Joe wants the mask mandates back on planes. There is no argument some are at severe risk. But many of those aren't necessarily checking the traditional risk boxes. They are just genetically predisposed to not dealing with the virus well. And that's not enough reason to close society down.

An “honest “ citizen carrying a firearm could very well compromise my health while these scientists and medical professionals are (the majority) of them are doing their level best to help us thru this pandemic. It’s pretty scary that someone would believe the medical professionals that worked 18 hour shifts, some 6-7 days a week, risking their lives giving care to folks suffering and dying from COVID, are truly evil forces.
All medical professionals, including medical scientists, who dared contradict the party line were viciously suppressed, almost certainly under the influence of the CDC, Phizer, Moderna, and Democratic members of Congress. [Citation: Twitter document dumps] Those who bucked the party line in California were threatened with having their medical licenses revoked -- not suspended; revoked.

Anybody driving a car within sight of you is more likely to compromise your safety than a citizen with a carry permit. Are you living your life based on could-very-wells?

Are you living your life based on could-very-wells?
We live our lives without fear. That’s why we do not need to be packing when we step foot out of the house.
All medical professionals,
All is a strong adverb to be using. I know you don’t like to provide sources but it would make your claims more believable if you did.

We live our lives without fear. That’s why we do not need to be packing when we step foot out of the house.

All is a strong adverb to be using. I know you don’t like to provide sources but it would make your claims more believable if you did.
S'cuze me . . . "all" is an adjective . . . but no matter . . . I won't provide a source for that, either. Say -- now that we're on the topic, where are your sources?]
Afterthought: You effectively defend yourself at home by answering the door naked, but are you prepared to flash a mugger with a pistol, knife, or sap?:giggle:

Most doctors didn’t retire. A lot of caregivers risked their lives throughout the pandemic, and many have left because of the burnout and unsafe staffing conditions while hospitals were overwhelmed. Most health systems are still reeling from huge financial losses due to Covid, yes, even after funding bills to prop them up and provide pay specific to Covid treatment for Medicare patients.

But that’s the problem. A lot of you don’t care to understand.

Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything they do not want to do.
What about many that were forced to choose between the vax, and their job? Mine included - I was literally a couple weeks from being terminated before the mandate was stayed. I was OK with that but what about those that didn't have the luxury of living without a paycheck for some period of time? Holding someone's livelihood hostage is evil.

I have a niece and a nephew that are RN's and were fired for noncompliance. They are now travelling nurses and are making a few tens of thousands more a year in that role than at the hospital they worked at here (and still "noncompliant"). So it worked out well for them, but I think the fallout from all this is evident by the decline in available care today. It will take a long time to build this back up. Pray you don't get sick or injured in any way, care and treatment resources are stretched very thin.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

As of today, I still do not know anyone personally that has had Covid.

The only people I know with covid are the people who have said they have it on this forum and a gardening forum that I frequent.

I am very happy that I have not had it and I am glad that I have not had any family or friends get it .

I wish I knew why no one I know including myself and family have been so fortunate.

Waving at everyone.

As of today, I still do not know anyone personally that has had Covid.

The only people I know with covid are the people who have said they have it on this forum and a gardening forum that I frequent.

I am very happy that I have not had it and I am glad that I have not had any family or friends get it .

I wish I knew why no one I know including myself and family have been so fortunate.

Waving at everyone.
Zip, you are very fortunate -- maybe. My wife and I have had it twice, mildly, and are therefore protected with (an unknown degree of) natural immunity, as well as a vax. However, if you are not suseptible to COVID, as I understand some people are, you are indeed one of the most fortunate. If you aren't, with no natural immunity and haven't had at leas an initial vaccination, you're still at full risk.

Consider that there can be contention between truly conscientious and compassionate caregivers and the organizations they work for or with. You don't go through some level of medical school on a whim, I believe most of them with few exceptions want to help others. But when you work for say a hospital, that gets government funding for providing covid care under very controlled and specific conditions it takes away from what an individual doctor or nurse may think would be better for a patient. Or, what the patient themselves may want even potentially at their own peril. Layer on top of that a mandate that caregivers must get an inoculation that by definition is experimental and with limited evidence to show it accomplishes what it claimed (and in hindsight proved it didn't), and be terminated if you didn't comply then they're in a near complete no-win. I don't begrudge the doctors and nurses one bit, for the most part they were "following orders" from their employers with their license to practice in peril for noncompliance. I think history will reveal the true shltshow that was the institutional pandemic treatment protocol, incentives paid to medical administrators to bolster numbers and needless hardship imposed on caregivers. The evidence shows that for some portions of the population the vaccine helped and even after mutations now, it may still. Why can't what is arguably significant empirical data be applied to targeting specific risk groups instead of the still one size fits all approach to vaccinations? Why are mask mandates still being discussed when it's clear even when they were in force it didn't help? What's with the campaign of fear to get every booster as soon as it's available? I believe that this hand has been overplayed, and based on limited vaccination rates the public doesn't believe what's being sold anymore especially when it comes to sticking small children. "For the public good", "for grandma and grandpa", and even at some risk of dying from the thing isn't sufficient for most to buy into what is turning out to be a grand deception by our government. Any potential good that might be there is overshadowed by the politicization and outright fraud and corruption by elected and unelected officials, pharmaceutical companies and complicit participation of the media. So now what - who do you believe? I have no idea, other than I doubt everything and everyone and have no qualms about taking matters into my own hands using any means necessary about everything that involves myself and my family. The "expert" and "professional" ship has sailed, that's not an automatic license to rule my life.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
We could be friends.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
HEAR HEAR !! Brilliantly expressed !

So now what - who do you believe? I have no idea, other than I doubt everything and everyone and have no qualms about taking matters into my own hands using any means necessary about everything that involves myself and my family. The "expert" and "professional" ship has sailed, that's not an automatic license to rule my life.

I would say this line of thinking is a successful product of very strongly funded propaganda and mis-information. Congratulations, the likes of Russia and everyone else who hates the US gained another member, someone who casts doubt and refuses to trust one of America's most powerful institutions, and modern medicine itself.

As was saying, they gotta 1st accept their current source of info is corrupt. Some ain't there yet. At least not today. We can check again tomorrow.
And yes, I agree, very succinct Mark.

I would say this line of thinking is a successful product of very strongly funded propaganda and mis-information. Congratulations, the likes of Russia and everyone else who hates the US gained another member, someone who casts doubt and refuses to trust one of America's most powerful institutions, and modern medicine itself.
I don't trust the shallow administration or the deep state. All hail, DeSantis!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom