Cruise America And Cheap Motorhomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oulman

Hello, I am new here but wanted to see if there was someone that had some insight. I am starting a Rv rental business and iam buying higher end motorhomes . I see Cruise America uses cheaper made generic insides. Do they have these specially made for them? It looks like there is nothing on the market like there.

My Winnebago has the Model number WF324VR. The R at the end indicates that it started out as a Rental. So yeah... the rental companies buy in bulk direct from the factory, and have their own equipment options installed.

There are a couple of minor differences between my RV and what the Owners Manual says a WF324V model should have.

What is it with the new members that are writing/researching/starting a rental business?  I have to suspect this is the same person.  Like you couldn't speculate that CruiseAmerica with the billboard on the side was made for them?  They must buy a thousand or two a year - more than a dealer.

Who starts a rental business of higher end motorhomes who knows so little about the rental business or the RV business?  Do you know how capital intensive that would be?

Someone who wants us to rent our Moho's on their site.

Just come out and say it please.

KandT said:
What is it with the new members that are writing/researching/starting a rental business?  I have to suspect this is the same person.  Like you couldn't speculate that CruiseAmerica with the billboard on the side was made for them?  They must buy a thousand or two a year - more than a dealer.

Who starts a rental business of higher end motorhomes who knows so little about the rental business or the RV business?  Do you know how capital intensive that would be?

Someone who wants us to rent our Moho's on their site.

Just come out and say it please.
My thoughts exactly.

The big rental companies like Cruise America and El Monte buy a custom configuration of an otherwise standard Class C motorhome from one of the big RV manufacturers. So yes, it is "made to order", but not really from the ground up.

I have had a cheap Cruise America motorhome for almost 5 years now.  No major issues and I got into RV'ing very inexpensively.  Their units are mostly Thor Four Winds units without slides.  I have 148K on mine.  I would think there would be a market for high end RV rentals as well as low end RV rentals the way the RV boom is going.

I had a used 84 HR Alumilite for 5 years - it did OK but was ran hard I imagine.  Went to sell it and waxed up the front and while admiring my shine I noticed "U-HAUL" in the fiberglass where the vinyl stickers must have been.  I never knew - guess it didn't change all the fun we had with in over 5 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom