Crystal River Florida area RV campgrounds for winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What hurricanes are you talking about? I have been in Florida for ten years and I haven't seen one. I live inland and this year both Ian and NIcole passed directly over my roof and did zero damage. It is why I don't live near the coasts.
This seems to be slipping from fun to serious. Time for me to shut up.

FYI.... my family on my mother's side have been FL for over 12 generations (I'm a 7th generation Floridian). I remember seeing my grandmother's pond in front of her house (Pierson, FL) freeze solid enough for the pack of hunting dogs to traipse across it all day long. This happened not once but several times (1960's - 1970's). It was in the mid 1970's (75-76?) that it snowed in Ft. Pierce, FL. I well remember my mother (she's 92yo now) telling me how it sometimes got so cold in Jupiter, that the mullet in the river would freeze. It wasn't all that long ago, that the water froze in my aunt's house (also Jupiter) and almost killed all her guava trees. And of course there was the historic freeze that destroyed the pineapple plantations on Indian River Drive between Ft. Pierce and Jensen Beach. It was due to "the Great Freeze" that the commercial oranges groves moved farther south from the North Florida counties (my great grandfather grew oranges in Volusia County... my grandfather owned a few blocks in the town of Jupiter and had a small grove).

Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park in Crystal River...we stayed there in 2014 and 2015 and enjoyed it. It's changed hands since then, but it would be worth checking out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom