Difficulty with 2008 Winnebago View rear inside dual tire and adding air pressur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harnerwil

After two blow outs on the same side and replacing and finally removing the long value extensions, we now have the alligator value stems and a dual truck gauge to access and check air pressure. However without a value extension how do we adapt our air compressor so we can air add if needed.  Do we need to buy a longer wand so that we can easily add air or purchase a different compressor.

I temporarily attach a flexible braided extension to my inner valves if I need to add air.  I used to keep them on all the time but they were not reliable and were leaking air frequently.  Seems they are notorious for leaking.  But they're ok for just adding air and removing when you're done.

PS  I monitor pressure with a TPMS so I don't even need to check the air with a gauge, so it's not a big deal like it used to be.

The solid metal valve stem extensions are what you want installed... is that what you had removed?  Those are generally more reliable and less likely to leak, compared to the braided, flexible extensions.  With some kind of extension installed, you'll have a pretty hard time accessing the inside duals - even with a longer extension on your air compressor hose.  You'd be going in "blind" every time, trying to get the air supply extension to lock onto the valve stem and maintain inward pressure just right to check/add air, which could prove to be a difficult task.

This was an constant source of aggravation for me when I bought my Winnebago ERA on the Mercedes Sprinter 3500 (dual wheels) chassis. After getting no help from the RV dealer and little help from the Mercedes dealer I finally went to a truck tire company and had metal valve extensions installed and also installed a tire pressure monitoring system. It sure gives me peace of mind while on the road and travelling to know that my tire pressure is where it is suppose to be.

I do carry a small portable compressor and tire pressure gauge for corrective measures when necessary however.

You mention that you have had two blowouts. Did you determine what the cause of these blowouts was?? Just curious.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom