display: ?low brake fluid level?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdq

something new with our tiffin 2015 allegro 36la?.

today we drove in heavy rain. about 50 miles before our destination, there was a warning alarm and the display read ?low brake fluid level? and the emergency brake light was on.
stopped at first opportunity. the brakes worked fine. turned off engine and let things cool down. no change to the indicators.

have had the motorhome for one year. no problems like this before. last motorhome (2009 itasca suncruiser with the gm engine) once had a similar thing - during a very wet / rainy drive, the service indicator light came on. a sensor got too wet and all was just fine.

ideas?
and just where do you add brake fluid?

thanks for your help - it is appreciated.
cheers,
pdq

Sounds like you are experiencing the same issue all over again.  A wet sensor can cause all kinds of crazy codes. I would let things dry out and try it again.  Then call Tiffin service on Monday and see what they say about the trouble light.

UPDATE?.

so i just started the engine and ran setup system check. all checks indicated ?okay? including the brake fluid level.
go figure!

cheers,
pdq

thanks Marty

i learned with the suncruiser (gm engine) from reading these forums "to wait" and let things dry up. it worked that time.
fingers crossed this is the same approach with the allegro (ford engine) will work this time.

cheers,
pdq

Some units have a brake fluid level sensor.. It is a bit paranoid and may well flash if the brake fluid is down "Just a little"  Frankly.. Just so you know,,, That is how I'd design it if I were doing it (In fact on one car I had I built a brake fluid level sensor and that is exactly how I designed it, Very paranoid)

The brakes will still work at this level, since it has to be well down before they fail.. but.. YOU DO NOT WANT THEM TO FAIL (trust me.. Very brown trousers time when the brakes fail).

I would check the level.. You may have a VVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY Slow leak somewhere.. if it's down do a visual on the brake lines and wheels, I you see signs of leakage, address.. Else, see how long it takes to happen again

Example of a little v/s a lot down  1/4 inch down should fire off the indicator depending on the depth of tank 1" may well still give full braking.

thanks John - appreciate your comments.
cheers,
pdq

It's time to look at the disc brake pads. As the pads wear, the caliper pistons move out requiring more volume of brake fluid to fill in behind them. Could still be a leak but most likely pads are getting thin.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom