Do you have a name for your RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow!  ...39 replies in 17 hours...  The names are great.  I am enjoying reading about the why associated with the name as much as the name itself.  I just hope we can come up with one that is as interesting.

Ours has been a she since we brought her home. 

EKB

Have never named the RV but I have had 3 sailboats and named all 3 after my wife. Her name is Pat and the boats were named Pittie-Pat 1,2 and 3

My wife named it HaRVey,  I call it many things depending on the state of repair needed if any.  Our old popup was "Summer School".

Cedar Creek Day Dreamer so naturally it is Day Dreamer or DD for short. My TV is Big Dog or BD for short. It was so named by a friend because I had affectionately called my first pickup, Pup. The F-350 dually was a bit larger so Big Dog. The address of registration for both is on Rainbow Road.

Lorna said:
My granddaughter named  our coach "Nana's Wheelhouse" when she was two years old.

Reminds me that our two oldest kids called ours the "Camper Bus" when we first bought and they were closer to that age, so that's a backup name for the more formal "Comfort Zone" I mentioned earlier.  ;)

We called ours "Clunky" for a year or so, because of the annoying CLUNKS often heard from the jacks as the coach settled during the night. American Coach finally replaced the jacks with a larger sized model and the problem went away, so the name faded away as well. Haven't been inspired with anything new yet.

Our first MH was a Georgie Boy, so naturally we called him, Georgie. The present one is much larger, so we started calling it The Coach, but as the Chicago Bears have had a progressively better and better year, he's Da Coach now, and always will be. The first Garmin that had the familiar female voice was Betty Boop. The new one has a man's voice, so he's now Roger Wilco.

Go Bears!

Stan & Becky who can't wait until April 1, when Da Coach is out of storage!!

We haven't named our RV but we used to own an older Chriscraft with the name "100 Proof" and the dingy was "Hangover". 

[quote author=Lorna]My granddaughter named  our coach "Nana's Wheelhouse" when she was two years old.[/quote]

That's a cute one Lorna, and gave me a chuckle, especially given the possibility of several connotations; In this case, Nana drives the coach, and a natural progression from your sailboat could have been a trawler.

We have a Dodge Big Horn pickup and my brother-in-law named it "Big Horny."  So the TT became the "Horny House".

Being retired Navy , and superstitious of such things , it is referred to as a she ..

No name , but "Money Pit" seems appropriate 

We almost (but didn't) name one of our boats "My kitchen". We'd saved to remodel the kitchen in a prior home and, before pulling the trigger, we bought a boat we'd been lusting over for some time.

We had a lot of fun in that boat, and subsequently remodeled that kitchen with other (saved) funds.

Ours is called "Ourtime"  It represents that we are retired and our time is our own.  It also means that it is our "turn" to enjoy life.

None for the RV, but I do have one for the lady in the GPS.  It's not printable though......

Grandkids wanted to name it Bob (for the name we gave a bear that got some of our food on our last tent camping trip).  I generally call it "The Bird" since it is a Cardinal.  One son suggested "The Thing" (after VW's extinct square vehicle).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom