dometic peguin air conditioner replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dirtmaster65

Hi, Newbie here looking forward to using the site.
I have a 2000 coachman motorhome, ford e 350 with 22 starflyte coach. Needed to replace air unit on top after it was damage by my barn. Replacement was done by a local dealer. The unit appeared to work OK. Later in the year I had it plugged into my 110 outlet and my circuit had tripped. I discovered that when unit was in off position on the thermostat when the thermostat would call for cooling the compressor would run on it own.
I took it back to dealer and they said they used my old relay kit as the new unit did not come with one. I read the book and it indicated it need a different relay kit. The dealer then tells me it will cost me 300. additional.
I called dometic myself and they sold me a new relay kit specifically for the unit I now have.
Finally to my question, The new kit requires a new LCD thermostat control, which is supplied. My furnace worked off the manual thermostat and now is to work off relay kit. It appears there are 2 wires that were not in service on the original relay kit and they seem to go to furnace. This topic is not really covered in manual. The manual also indicates the new relay needs a filtered 12v power supply, not sure about this.
I know enough that I need the proper hook up or I will be buying another relay kit
Any help ,tips would be appreciate
I am located in Ohio, not far from Cleveland
Thanks in advance

The battery in your RV will act as a pretty good "filter" for the 12c system, so I would not be too concerned about that.

I'm not familiar with the relay kit you are installing, but a furnace is pretty simple to activate. Basically  +12v on the wire signals that "heating is required" and as long as that 12v is present it will keep the burner running. Your furnace manual probably covers that and you can download one of you don't have it.

Back
Top Bottom