Dometic RM2604 igniter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought of putting a heat sink that closes at like 140 degrees and mounting it above the burner but I just don't want to have to jerry rig it. I did get my money back already on the igniter I bought on Ebay

it doesn't have a board per say just a 7 pole switch and the igniter and I went through the switch and only 1 pole #4 is used for gas operation and 1 pole #7 for the refer light the others are for 12v and 120v operation.
I was going from memory when I made the suggestion and looking at the manual I now realize that yours is an older model and does not use a printed circuit board. That means it is one less thing to consider. It has been years since I worked on one of that model and I'm really sketchy on them. Something is failing to tell the reigniter to stop sparking. Studying the schematic, I see nothing to tell us how that happens.

OK New igniter installed and no spark so pulled the electrode lead off coil and got spark but way way weaker than the other igniter. anyway tried hot lead to ground got spark, touch the electrode no spark hold it back just a hair and get spark. So I ordered a new electrode installed can hear spark but cant see it tried the Gas and........... it works! Blow out flame and it relites just like its supposed too! Amazing! Thanks Again Guys!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom