Electrical issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you plug into a GFCI protected outlet?  One possibility is your refrigerator's electric heating element has developed an internal short to ground, which would trip a GFCI outlet.  But it might not show up until the refrigerator's thermostat called for cooling and turned on the element.

Gentlemen I want to thank you for all of your Insight one and all..... phase one of the troubleshooting was just completed ..I added 2 1000 amp deep cycle batteries.... all the auto switching came on....the refrigerator came right on.. ..it recognized that it was on AC power...  the generator fired right up..... I now have all of the lights on and the refrigerator ...obviously I want to see if the converter is in fact working properly....the rub here is that I have a very small supposedly owners manual...
It just keeps referencing the customer information package.... I'm afraid it's long gone from this unit.... does anybody know anyone with a 1985 Pace Arrow, LOL.... I would pay handsomely for this elusive package.... just a copy mind you...thsnks again...Cheers

The Customers Information Package probably isn't much more than the owners manuals for the individual appliances, etc. in the RV.

Try doing a Google search for each component's manual and you should be set.

Is the converter working is easy to figure out.

hook a DC voltmeter (15 or 20 volt range) to the batteries or to the fuse panel so it is showing system voltage.. DO THIS WHILE YOU ARE NOT PLUGGED IN and use caution as the batteries are still live

NOTE the voltage

Plug in.. Note the voltage

Come back in an hour or two and NOTE THE VOLTAGE

Post the results and we will tell you,

There are better tests but... For this test... YOu do not need to know WHERE teh converter is

Finding the converter

Many are right in back of the breakers and fuses. this is especially true if the fuses and the breakers are in the same "Box"  IF yours is like that the make and model of said box please.

Otherwise it has a small fan you may be able to hear, also indicator lights in many cases.

OK Chums....Electrical issues were squared away by replacing the batteries..thanks again for all the wise counseling.....the shake down continues...I replaced the water pump...someone cross threaded a line... it looked as though it had been leaking slowly for a long time... the pump said 1991 on it so I figured why tempt fate.... I got a new one.... having said that there is a $20 replacement head and I will repair it for a spare.... more good news, I got both the water heater and the refrigerator to work on propane.... another major score.... now for the one bad thing.... something is wrong with my drainage system..... I've been running the water in the kitchen and nathroom drains and the bathtub is filling with drain water...water coming up into the tub.....as opposed to filling up anything in the holding tank.....again this 26 page page manual doesn't go into much...... obviously there is a clog somewhere, any ideas for where I should start on this one?....1985 Pace Arrow

is the tank full?    have you every emptied the tank ?

As Tony said... Are you SURE that you have emptied every tank??? On some models of RV's there can be separate drain outlets located some distance away from others and not always obvious.

The bath tub filling is usually a clear indication of a gray tank overflow. Perhaps you missed a tank drain or the valve is broken and is remaining closed despite being operated.

Did some plunging and purging and all of a sudden it drained very very quickly...
so I don't know where it was hung up ....but afterwards I filled both tanks a couple of times and purged them again ...so everything seems to be in good shape now and running very freely..
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom