Extension Stabilizers for 16" Alcoa Wheels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rvliberty

I have a Sprinter with the Alcoa Aluminum Wheels.  I am trying to find stabilizers to use on these wheels to add valve extenders on the inner duals.  Does anyone know of a stabilizer that will fit the elliptical openings on the Alcoa Wheels?  I have already tried the WheelMan and Alcoa with no luck.  Suggestions?

Thanks

i cant help with the extenders, BUT i wanted to pass along what the goodyear tire shop here said,  they said " DONT use the extenders because if you run over anything in the street it can fly up between the duels and rip the extenders off and you would have flat tires"

this is just a "tip" they told me.... take it for what its worth :)

Yeah, extenders can fail, but you have to be able to check air in the tires and add as needed. For many wheel configurations, an extender is the only practical way to do that.  Get the solid metal ones if you can, or the braided steel jacket type is you require a flexible one.

I am going to use solid metal ones, but I need to stabilize it in the aluminum wheel so the rubber valve stem does not come apart.  I can only use the rubber/metal valve stem on the Mercedes Steel Wheels.  Any ideas for stabilizers?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom