Florida RV Resorts/Campground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

countrypair

Could someone recommend a good campground in Florida on the Gulf coast & far enough South that it stays warm? I've reviewed many web sites, but not found one that is reasonably priced & not overly crowded & packed in like sardines.

Thanks in advance.

I've reviewed many web sites, but not found one that is reasonably priced & not overly crowded & packed in like sardines.

Well, it is winter in Florida and that's the norm. Everybody has flocked here for the winter.  And the best places were probably booked a year in advance.

How warm do you need to be? Does it need to be enough south so there is no chance of an overnight freeze? Or no days when a sweatshirt would feel good? The further south you go, the higher the price, especially if you are booking by the day or week.

Take a look at Sabal Palm RV Resort and CG, located in Palmdale, FL.  About a mile off Rt. 27, and 20 miles NW of LaBelle, FL.  Also about 24 m. south of Lake Placid.  Quiet, clean, well kept, electronic access gate, dog friendly, (even horse friendly).  New owners this year, and the rates are affordable.  I think it's on the Passport system. 
DM

Live Oaks is 12 miles NE of Punta Gorda towards Arcadia on Rte 17. Very nice cg with spacious sites, pool, clubhouse, two laundries, and 9 hole executive gollf course. December rates are about 725.00 inc tax.

Lee County (Fort Myers in South West Florida) is said to have some openings. Inexpensive is a relative term these days. I believe that some people won't be making the trip down this year due to economic conditions and you might be able to get a good deal.

We are going to Lazy Days Camp Resort.  We have not been there before, but it is very affordable and looks nice online.  It is located in Welaka, FL.  You can contact Todd Hardy at 386-846-8633 and tell him Doyle gave you his name & number.  He may still have some sites left.  He's a nice guy to deal with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom