FMCA Family Reunion - Gillette WY June 19 thru June 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PancakeBill said:
OK, now that the rally is a happy memory, it is time for y'all to stop here in or near Yellowstone.

Bill,

We are in Cody, actually about 15 miles west, and plan to start exploring the eastern half of YNP tomorrow,
and then on the 29th we move to West Yellowstone until the 7th of July to explore the western half. 

We were at YNP once before, in 2009, pre-retirement, and only had 3-1/2 days. On that trip, I discovered I have altitude sickness, which affects some people as soon as they get over 7000 feet.

Here is a picture of a Buffalo walking right through the Old Faithful area just about 1 minute before it erupted. The Rangers were going nuts trying to keep all of the kids away from it. Of course everyone's eyes and cameras were focused on OF, until this happened.

Please update us, if you can, on the current status of the norovirus outbreak.

We plan to stop by and see you when we get to Old Faithful!!

Stan

Still looking for the pic

Congratulations Dave and Sharon on winning the geocache contest. It's a great hobby, perfect for RVers. We were in the advanced category (1800) but alas, didn't win anything. Next time your at a Rally, please do find your way to happy hour so we can meet face-to-face.

Wendy
Still in Gillette

I'm still too upset to talk about why you all did not see me walking to the front on Saturday night to claim my $1050.  Sigh........... I guess I will tell you now.

There was a jelly bean contest and I carefully calculated the length width and  height of the container remembering my high school geometry.  I did not have the entry slip with me so I filled it out at home and then the next day was filled  with so many things that I forgot to turn  it in by 5 pm.  The next morning I looked for the entry barrel and even asked folks if I could turn it in.  It was gone.  So just for the fun of it I wrote my guess on my name tag so that when the winners were announced I could laugh about my ridiculously high guess.  My guess was 3420.  The ACTUAL number was 3417  only  3 over! The winning guess was 3413. So I would have tied.  I  was just sick .  That is a lot of money to lose!  My stomach still churns.  But I  am proud of my geometry skills.  Next time!

Oh Betty, if the numbers in your post are correct, you would have WON! Now how do you feel?

For all of you Framily members who have left Gillette behind, we're having a lovely afternoon thunderstorm. Rain and lot of thunder boomers. Sure wish you were all here :)

Love Antelope Island, be sure to drive the 23% grade while you are there.  (not with the rig though)

The farm had an owl nest in April, the fledges may still be there.

Back
Top Bottom