Found my perfect spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randy1252

I started full timing Jan. 10.  I wanted to stay close to home for a few months to close out some personal business and be near my family until I was sure that I would like living in my MH.  I moved into the only campground near home that was open and the truck noise drove me crazy.  I stayed there 2 months until I talked the caretaker of another campground that wasn't open into letting me move in.
I had elec and sewer but no water.  I carried drinking water for 2 weeks, showered at family, and dipped water from the river for flushing and dog drinking water.  Sounds rough but I actually enjoyed it.  No noise except the sound of the river and the trains.
After 2 months here, the campground is still less than half full ( most people don't even know the campground is here) and the other residents are hardly ever here.  I have the camp to myself most of the time and my dog does not have to be on a leash.  The fishing is good, the river is nice, Wal-Mart is 2 miles away, family is closer, and I really like RV living.  My intention was to head for the coast in late spring but since I have such a good set-up, have decided to stay until fall.  The cost is $1500 a year or $300 a month, elec. included.  No cable but my winegard works fine and no laundry but the laundromat is only 2 miles away.  I like this place.

Back
Top Bottom