Frustration trying to buy jeans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlesinGA

Alot of my jeans are getting rather well worn. Headed out next week for a week long trip and figured I needed something better to wear.

Inseam sizes are, well, it appears, limited to 30, 32 and 34. Thats it. yes, I can probably order ahead, but I never think to do that. I need a 28 inseam. With 30's I end up rolling them up and look like I just stepped off the Hee Haw stage.I went to JC Penny (extremely expensive), Target, and Walmart. Finally settled on 38/30 and will just have to roll them up.I have become shorter with age (and more rotund.... need to lose about 30 lbs or so)

Possibly I need to pull out my "Scottish card" and join Clan Hannay (yes, thats my ancestors) and go to the KILT Store :ROFLMAO:and then I don't have to worry about inseams.

Charles

Last edited:
Here's a "tip" on how to handle long in-seam pants. Instead of rolling them outside so they look dorky, roll them inside. They don't look dorky that way. And, they stay rolled up.

I have not worn jeans for many many years. I haven't even worn long pants since I have been living in Florida ten years ago. Shorts are all I wear.

Alot of my jeans are getting rather well worn. Headed out next week for a week long trip and figured I needed something better to wear.

Inseam sizes are, well, it appears, limited to 30, 32 and 34. Thats it. yes, I can probably order ahead, but I never think to do that. I need a 28 inseam. With 30's I end up rolling them up and look like I just stepped off the Hee Haw stage.I went to JC Penny (extremely expensive), Target, and Walmart. Finally settled on 38/30 and will just have to roll them up.I have become shorter with age (and more rotund.... need to lose about 30 lbs or so)

Possibly I need to pull out my "Scottish card" and join Clan Hannay (yes, thats my ancestors) and go to the KILT STORE :ROFLMAO:and then I don't have to worry about inseams.

Charles
One of the perks of age is I can go around looking like hell won’t have it and no one cares, least of all me.

Duluth Trading Company and Carhartt are all I wear. Only two dang companies that seem to make reliable sizes in pants anymore. Worth every penny.

Trivia, the man who was my immediate boss at West Point Pepperell (prior to my airline experience) Major George W Cowgill (Ret), told me he ferried an RF-101 (Voodoo) to Japan during the Vietnam conflict, however crossing the coastline at night, the aircraft exploded for reasons the accident investigators never determined. George said he was an inch shorter when he left the service than when he entered, due to this ejection.

We all get shorter with age.

Charles

In recent years I've been getting my jeans at Costco, typically $12-$20/pair for 34/30 -- odd brand names, but they're reasonably good for at least a few years.

These days...since retirement...when I dress up, I put on jeans, usually I go around in sweat pants in the winter or shorts in warmer weather. My wife and son constantly laugh at what a total slob I have become. I tell them that I don't care because I'm retired and I can do what I want now after 50 years of working.

Oh ya...I also second buying jeans on Amazon.

I typically wear cargo shorts or long cargo pants. Old guys gotta' carry around a lot of stuff... wallet, spare change, nail clippers, pocket knife, extra glasses, keys, hankerchief, magnifying glass for when the readers aren't enough, maybe a few rubber bands, to do list (cause you might forget), spare pens and pencils, iPhone with the "find home from here" app, chewing gum, extra comb, sunglasses, maybe a few toothpicks.... ya' know.. stuff!

I wore cargo pants at work and liked them. Sadly I cannot get in them. Even though they are tagged as 38, I recall wearing 36 at the time and had to order them extra large to get a fit, they are Cintas and made from an extremely durable fabric. I seem to recall sending some back because of the poor sizing. I'm seriously hoping to lose a few pounds this summer.

I have not looked in Costco. Will be in there tomorrow so I will take a looksee. I hesitated to get the membership but It pretty well paid off this year with me buying a new Dell desktop and a LG curved screen monitor. Some of the stuff they have I like, but by the next time I need some, its no longer stocked. Very frustrating.

Charles

Try finding 29s!

My DW says she will hem them for me. She used to be a quilter and has a heavy duty machine that can stitch heavy materials.

She never does it though, so my pants make a kind of puddle at my feet. Whatever. I don't dress to impress. Never really did.

Try finding 29s!

My DW says she will hem them for me. She used to be a quilter and has a heavy duty machine that can stitch heavy materials.

She never does it though, so my pants make a kind of puddle at my feet. Whatever. I don't dress to impress. Never really did.
I just bought 2 Dickies brand overalls. Man are they oversized. All they had were 30" inseam and I could walk on them. DW folded them under and quickly hemmed them up with Mighty Mendit_ as seen on TV. It took her bout 20 minutes, but then the "glue" had to dry for 24 hrs. before I could wear them. Thing is, they are still too long with a new 28" inseam and I normally wear 36 waist 32" inseam Levi's.
Gravity changed my body. I now have furniture syndrome, chest in drawers.

I would get my jeans at Menards when we lived by one, they lasted quite awhile.
Now I get wWranglers from Amazon and the Columbia pants with the legs that you can zip off. I get my short pants at goodwill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom