Frustration trying to buy jeans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer Levi which run from $50-80 here. I stopped by Tractor Supply for something else and discovered they sell Levi for almost half the price as other places.

I order my jeans from Wrangler online.
two day turnaround on my orders.
Some time ago I actually bought a pair of Walmart brand (?) jeans for a reason I don't recall.

Discovered that the difference between these "cheap" jeans and regular brands such as Wrangler, Levi etc. is dramatic. Cheap, cheap, cheap... Everything from the zippers, to pockets, to seams, to overall fit, to... Flimsy and overall very poor construction to say the least.

Clear all the places they cut corners in order to put out a less expensive (cheezy) product.

Needless to say these Walmart jeans have occupied the bottom of a dresser drawer ever since only to see the light of day perhaps a time I need to crawl through some kind of oily muck where I'll put 'em on, then toss in the trash when done.

My oldest son wore a 32' waist x 36" inch inseam until he was 40, and we could find him jeans only online at LLBean and a couple of other places. No Dockers of any kind. He finally gained a bit of weight and is now wearing 34" waist with his 36" inseam so it is easier for him to find pants. (And, yes, I am only 5' 1" tall and his father was only 5' 10", but we have some strange genes in our family. Son is 6'3" and I had a 6'4" brother.)

Good luck finding a couple of online sources for short leg pants.

I just learned that only people over age 60 wear jeans. Lucky me. In my mind, I'm just a millennial and never wear jeans. :)

I just learned that only people over age 60 wear jeans. Lucky me. In my mind, I'm just a millennial and never wear jeans. :)
Except for the east coast I see the majority of men of any age wearing jeans. 10 years ago at work our nationwide dress code was dropped because everyone under 65 wanted to wear jeans instead of khakis and slacks. I think it is the other way around, fewer people now over 75 over wear jeans.

Jeans were about all I wore when I was riding. Heavy boots, gauntlet gloves, long sleeve heavy T-shirt. Never wore chaps or leathers. Just jeans.

Been wearing Buddy or All American jeans for probably 15 years now. Made in America. There are actually about a dozen different brands still made here.
All American are probably my favorite. Riveted pockets and the pocket material is denim rather than the thin cotton pockets Levi's use. Nice feature if you stick screwdrivers etc. in your pockets on occasion.
Still don't understand why Lindell goes on and on about his sheets being made w imported cotton, that's not a selling point. All American (for one) uses fabric made from U.S. grown cotton.

Last edited:
In 1980 LEVI was manufactured in Texas. We ALWAYS wore Levi back then, even in the late nineties.

Are Levis still made in Texas?

I always liked the zipper on that brand better than other brands.

The only time I don't wear jeans is in the summer when I wear shorts, or if for some odd reason I need to wear dress clothes somewhere.

I read an article last year with a headline like, "These are the things the younger generation wishes older generations would stop doing". Some of the responses,

- "If you're over 40 and wearing jeans, please stop. You look ridiculous."
- "Please stop paying for anything with cash - you're holding up the line."
- "Please stop bringing your home-brewed coffee to work in a thermos. If you can't buy a latte on the way in, just don't drink coffee. It smells terrible."
- "Please go buy a car that is less than 3 years old. Seeing you driving around in that 2018 Toyota is cringe-worthy."

I've worn Levi's 514 jeans since I was in high school. Over the years, the quality has gotten noticeably worse. Jeans that used to last me 5 years are now only lasting a year. I believe the issue was switching manufacturing to Egypt. Ended up giving up on Levi's and trying out some Japanese denim. Ordered from UNIQLO based on recommendations from another forum. Extremely pleased so far.

Paid $50, when Levi's would have been $70. The material is much thicker.

These are the ones I bought. I'm aware they're not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but figured I'd give the recommendation.

I've worn Levi's 514 jeans since I was in high school. Over the years, the quality has gotten noticeably worse. Jeans that used to last me 5 years are now only lasting a year. I believe the issue was switching manufacturing to Egypt. Ended up giving up on Levi's and trying out some Japanese denim. Ordered from UNIQLO based on recommendations from another forum. Extremely pleased so far.

Paid $50, when Levi's would have been $70. The material is much thicker.

These are the ones I bought. I'm aware they're not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but figured I'd give the recommendation.
I stopped wearing 501's when the price topped $45. I refuse to pay that much for basically work pants. I wear Wranglers now - $19 at WM.

Back
Top Bottom