fuel usage Vs speed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this should be another question, but think about this..now that I've got everyone wound up about me driving 75mph and everyone thinks I need to slow down for safety...what about everyone needing to get a CDL to drive a MH??? any thoughts there?

can anyone tell me how much money I will save with 100gal tank, getting 6.5 vs 8mpg?

Kevin, not sure what you want to know, here, but a 100 gal tank of fuel costs what it costs. Depends upon the price of fuel, at that place and time. Mpg has nothing to do with the price one paid, for the fuel.

The vehicle getting 6.5mpg will go 650 miles on 100gal. The vehicle getting 8mpg will go 800 miles on 100gal. That's 150 miles further.

Doesn't tell you the savings, though, unless you know the length of the trip and the price of the fuel. 

Ray D.  ;D

Your two later questions are off topic, but I've been wondering if you are trying to recruit folks to drive faster, use more fuel, and sight-see less, as we go. Kinda counterproductive, if cost and pleasure are part of the objective.

kevin said:
I guess this should be another question, but think about this..now that I've got everyone wound up about me driving 75mph and everyone thinks I need to slow down for safety...what about everyone needing to get a CDL to drive a MH??? any thoughts there?

A CDL? No, that is a commercial license and nothing we're doing is commercial.

A special class license (like Texas) to drive anything over say 26,000 lbs GVWR or GCWR, yes. If it has air brakes then you need an air brake endorsement.

To register a trailer you should have to prove that you have a tow vehicle with a large enough tow rating to tow the GVWR of the trailer.

I live close to I-17 and there isn't a week goes by that I don't hear on the scanner of a roll-over where the tail was waging the dog.

Since the discussion is off topic again it has been locked and no further posts are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom