Going to go with a DP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitch52656

Decided not to go with gas coach and do a DP instead. We have increased our budget to $100K to $150K. We will be on the road a average of 100 days a year and about 25 days will be driving. Will be doing about half of time mountain driving. Will be towing a small F150 truck. Recommend brands have been Newmar and Tiffan. Will look ar American Coach too.

If we see something like a 2016 with only 15K miles on it is it not particularly a good thing?

Decided not to go with gas coach and do a DP instead. We have increased our budget to $100K to $150K. We will be on the road a average of 100 days a year and about 25 days will be driving. Will be doing about half of time mountain driving. Will be towing a small F150 truck. Recommend brands have been Newmar and Tiffan. Will look ar American Coach too.
I agree with those brand choices and I would include Fleetwood in there. Your other question, I personally wouldn't pay attention to mileage. These can go 500,000 miles so it's kind of like tires in that age matters but mileage doesn't because you can't realistically wear out either one.

Good luck, we went with a DP and it's absolutely worth it.

The engine might go 500,000 if serviced properly but that can't be said for the rest of the coach.
And not even the whole engine will go that far unless it's on the road constantly like an over the road truck. There are lots of peripherals (water pump, alternator, starter, etc.) that will age out first in low mileage service.

Something else to look at. Pre exhaust filter and pre DEF. 2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 | Motorhomes of Texas.
Major nice. 2007 Foretravel Nimbus XT 3630 | Motorhomes of Texas
Ray I think Fortravel made some 36' coaches with a tag. The new Newmar 38' MADP comes with a tag.

Last edited:
Something else to look at. Pre exhaust filter and pre DEF. 2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 | Motorhomes of Texas.
Major nice.

This 2007 Mountain Aire 4523 is super nice! Under $100k . . . 450 Cummins w/Spartan chassis . . . washer/dryer, residential fridge . . . yum.

I owned a 2001 Mountain Aire for several years. Underpowered & expensive to repair, but c'est la vie, it was great to drive and camp in.

I can't hep but do the mental math on $150k - At $100 a night in a motel that's 4 years continuous - LOL...

At 100 nights a year, that's 15 years...

I can't hep but do the mental math on $150k - At $100 a night in a motel that's 4 years continuous - LOL...

At 100 nights a year, that's 15 years...
true.. if one bases a recreation on economics, then no one would own an RV..
just like the guy that buys a $250,000 boat to fish 10 times a year..

we all know it's about the experience..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom