Going to go with a DP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
true.. if one bases a recreation on economics, then no one would own an RV..
just like the guy that buys a $250,000 boat to fish 10 times a year..

we all know it's about the experience..
Veblen described the phenomena in "The Theory Of The Leisure Class" 1899. In 2024 it's the phenomena where a person living in a 4,000 sq.' home with a three car garage, a boat and a $200,000 Motorhome, thinks the economy is bad because Def went up by a quarter.
If conspicuous consumption weren't a thing no one would buy a $100,000 electric pickup truck that will do everything except what pickup trucks do.

Another good reason to have any coach inspected before buying.
Towing capacity is in the spec’s, he said it was underpowered, which would explain the towing capacity. No RV inspector is going to wade off into that territory.

Towing capacity is in the spec’s, he said it was underpowered, which would explain the towing capacity. No RV inspector is going to wade off into that territory.
Well, the inspector will review/verify the specs as indicated on the paperwork. For example, I did inspect an RV where the seller told buyer it could tow a 10k load, but when I looked at the hitch, the Stamp indicated that the hitch was rated at 5K.

True enough if you are a powertrain engineer, but from the owner/driver perspective they certainly are. Your motor vehicle no longer motors if the fuel doesn't flow and the coolant doesn't circulate. :cry:
That’s not what he’s saying at all, a bad rear main seal is no more related to engine life expectancy than a bad battery. Most owners wouldn’t know where to find their windshield washer reservoir so it wouldn’t be surprising if they thought a bad starter solenoid means they need a new engine.

Well, the inspector will review/verify the specs as indicated on the paperwork. For example, I did inspect an RV where the seller told buyer it could tow a 10k load, but when I looked at the hitch, the Stamp indicated that the hitch was rated at 5K.
What did the spec’s say?

Limiting your search to coaches aged by as much as two decades versus accepting the presence of a decently reliable emissions control on a much newer coach doesn't make any sense to me.

Because I enjoy them so much, and they tend to have amazing towing capacity, be sure to check out diesel Super C's in addition to DP class A's. Sometimes the configuration turns people off (front engine, truck cab) and/or the ability to get into parks which exclude them, since "Super C" isn't an RVIA classification.

All those are good names and good coaches. If you are not confident in doing a thorough inspection yourself make sure you have one done,obviously including the roof.
Vitally important. Let us know what you get.
Congratulations!
Scott,Orlando

What did the spec’s say?
Oddly enough, the seller, or some previous owner (The title check showed 4 previous owners) had "misplaced" the build sheet and weight data sheet. But, when in doubt, I tend to go with the stamp on the hitch receiver.

Oddly enough, the seller, or some previous owner (The title check showed 4 previous owners) had "misplaced" the build sheet and weight data sheet. But, when in doubt, I tend to go with the stamp on the hitch receiver.
Fortunately for the buyer the seller hadn’t installed a 10k hitch on a rig with a 5k towing capacity.

I can't hep but do the mental math on $150k - At $100 a night in a motel that's 4 years continuous - LOL...

At 100 nights a year, that's 15 years...
Probably right. But the dirty little secret IS, most of us don't buy our RVs as an economy move. We do it because WE ENJOY THEM.

I would by all means look for a good clean older Country Coach, Spartan K4 Chassis. They are built much better than any of these others. They are just under Prevost chassis motorhomes and Newell and maybe Fortravel

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom