GOOD SAM EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PLUS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B

Bob.n.Sue

Hi All -

Sue and I just received an offer from the Good Sam Club to buy what the refer to as the "EA+ Plan".  It proports to offer help with travel-specific problems arising from emergencies on the road.  The example in the letter is of a man, travelling with his wife in a motorhome, who has a heart attack on the opposite end of the US from home.  Supposedly, for a little more than $100 per year premium, they provided a "medical expert" who consulted with the local cardiologist and acted as a "second opinion" (their quotation marks).  They reportedly determined that the local hospital wasn't able to provide the required level of treatment, so they flew both of them home and provided a driver to return their rig home. 

They claim that this plan works great for RVers, but applies to any travel - cruises, etc.  Any one got any experience with this? - Bob & Sue

B

I would ask how many days the person is required to be in the hospital before some of the coverage kicks in. I was going to get a coverage plan from good sams that would have someone fly my wife home and drive the rv back. Had to be in the hospital for 7 days. I was thinking well if I am in the hospital for 7 days then that is pretty severe, and then what would the recovery time be like..Could be worth it...For me it was not...

If you have a motorhome, an FMCA membership at $35/year includes this and many other benefits.

http://www.fmca.com/index.php/join-family-motor-coach-association/benefits

Thanks RVRoamer

Looks like you saved us $109!  Just because you were so helpful, Sue and I are going to spend that $109 tonight at a special dinner in your honor!

Bob & Sue

Keep in mind that the FMCA plan (MedEx), while a very nice part of your membership, will only return you to the location listed on your drivers license...not good if you, say, mostly live in Arizona but have a South Dakota driver's license.

Wendy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom