Good Sam Rally in Phoenix, AZ 3-22/25 Anyone Else

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Match to Win " = find someone with same number you have, go to booth for same and get a prize. 4 people have same number so a little more apt to find a partner.

The numbers are big on sticky-back so you can put it on your hat or name tag. Object is to talk to strangers I think.

Whenever Wally Hepworth and I talk about car racing, he talks about PIR (Portland International Raceway) and I think about PIR (Phoenix International Racetrack).

Walked from the coach to Seminar A for the Southwest Arts seminar. Total mileage 0.921. Passed a LOT of motorhomes just waiting to be looked at...hope there aren't any we like a lot.

Let the Rally begin!

Wendy
PIR

Betty Brewer said:
Sadly for me our LA Dodgers lost their Spring Training game to the  Padres 3- 0 today.  Seemed the Dodger strategy was three up three down today...
Betty
Serves 'em right for leaving Vero Beach Spring Training.  :p

Wendie,  spotted yoour coach and bug from the tram.  We are close to tram stop 5.  Right across from genset (one of the), See you at happy hour?  Walked the tunnel?

So, I took one for the team I guess.  Funny, when you think of what you did, prior to getting to that exact moment of time.  Had the volunteer just told me they didn't have anything, I woul have been gone before the other guy left.  If we didn't stop at the grocery store, If we were faster or slower leaving Tucson.  A differnt route.  So many variable align to place you in the 'right spot'. 

Well, I am truly sorry to know of your issues, but all in all, glad that I am here.

We missed the eary stuff, like the classes, just could not be here that early, Jolene didn't come in until Tues night,, so Early Weds was not possible.  About to head to town to get some epoxy to hold everything together until we get back to Tucson.  Looks like Lazy Days may actually have my replacement in stock!

Note to RVForum Rally attendees.  Happy Hour today Friday 23, 2012  at 4 pm  lot 102 row 44 space 37.  It is just east of the Speedy Cantina ( Tram stop 2)  in the row up against the Track Fence. Plenty of parking behind our  rigs. Sarge we are looking for you .  Maybe we will take photos.

Betty

Bill, I can testify to the excellent work of the LD Collision Center if they need to take it there. I had a minor repair done on the rt rear corner; however, my white puli and I did have to spend the AM in the visitors center since it involved repainting and fumes. You have a son to drop in on --or watch Koda while you do something else. :)

LD had the mirror in stock!  Have an estimate on install, part price and a check to cover from the poor dud that claipped me.  Fortunately, I was heading there anyweay, will get in Sunday night, they will take me in Monday AM. 

Got some of that 2part steel epoxy stuff, put the part back together, just hope it sets up and holds well enough.  ONly have to drive from Phoenix to Tucson with the kludge.

Guess What!  Sarge W showed up at Happy Hour. Too bad it was over.  We did invite Marty and Diane to come back tomorrow.  Off to see Bill Cosby through the infield track fence.  Hard to take photos.
Oh well.

Betty

Bill Cosby did not disappoint tonight .  Any couple in a relationship could have found a good belly laugh in his  hour long monologue.  He is indeed a treasure and age 74.  Glad we were HERE.

Good Sam made up for some bad will with  PIR Event problems by giving away free dry camping in Louisville this summer.  Also they gave    lots of Flying J gas cards to attendees with over 20 years of Good Sam Membership. Top winners with over 30 years membership  got a $5,000. gas card.

Yep, sorry we missed everybody! I got involved in a project, add a sun screen fabric to the front of our awning. Somehow it wasn't as easy as the guy that sold it to me said it would be! By the time I got it done and checked the RV board it was already 5 PM. We hustled over and found Betty but everyone just left.  We will be on time tomorrow!

We just got back from seeing Bill Cosby perform. He is a little older, but still a great entertainer.  The venue was not ideal, but he was worth the trip. 

One of the $5000. Gas card winners is in my Good Sam chapter, Sun Valley SAMs. She is in her 60's and has been a member for 42 years.

PLUS, while waiting foor the show to begin, Wendy found her match, then the gas cards, Mike and Wendy started with Goood Sam in 82, or 83, either wy a nice gas card coming their way.

It was amazing to listen to a comedian for over an hour without one cuss word.  Very refreshing.

Bill Cosby was great. And I Met My Match while sitting in the stands so will meet up with Tony tomorrow and get my free t-shirt.

We saw Bill Cosby 30 years ago and it was as much fun tonight as it was the first time.

Today was another beautiful day in Avondale AZ , home of PIR (Phoenix International Raceway)  We did our Chi walking this morning  then visited the RV's on display.  We saw toyhaulers, motorhomes ( long and short)  5th wheels and  vans and Class C's.  Terry and I have not  looked at RV's in a few years  and I am very impressed with the changes being made in RV's.  A  dealer told us that the banks are not loaning more than $200 grand for an RV so the industry has adjusted  their building of rigs and  pricing accordingly. 

I saw many different  floor plans, furniture options, tv's galore in the  new  RV's.  I like the  circular  sofa areas with telescoping sides to accommodate the slides.

Tonight we saw Martina Mcbride in concert under  clear warm skies in this outdoor venue.  Her  one hour concert was outstanding and I danced in the aisles. I saw SargeW's wife,  Diana dancing too.

Wendy missed Happy Hour while she  awaited her " Meet Your Match Prize."  She was a loser here.  She wanted to win a New Fleetwood Excursion, or at least win the  $5,000 down payment option.

Here are a few photos of the  rally events.  We had Happy Hours and sat in the stands watching the  entertainment and  what rally would be complete without a trip to  a shoe store?  At least 7 pairs of shoes were purchased at a Sketcher Outlet..

Attachments

• IMG_5335.JPG
    IMG_5335.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5336.JPG
    IMG_5336.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5337.JPG
    IMG_5337.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5339.JPG
    IMG_5339.JPG