Have Been Afraid Of This For Years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RVMommaTo6 said:
when I told the kids we were doing our cross country trip, my youngest's biggest concern was Santa finding us.

Just sing "Here Comes Santa Claus" with these lyrics:
'He knows where you've been sleeping. H knows where you're awake..'

PopPop51 said:
Just sing "Here Comes Santa Claus" with these lyrics:
'He knows where you've been sleeping. H knows where you're awake..'
He's SOOO creepy!!! Lol, when she was about 3 or 4, she used to pray to Santa. The difference between Santa and God was incomprehensibleble to her at that age. Which in itself is kind of funny because when she was 5, she wrote "I love Satan" on the white board in the kitchen and I nearly fell over until I realized it was a picture of Santa next to it and was a simple spelling error! Lol

RVMommaTo6 said:
He's SOOO creepy!!! Lol, when she was about 3 or 4, she used to pray to Santa. The difference between Santa and God was incomprehensibleble to her at that age. Which in itself is kind of funny because when she was 5, she wrote "I love Satan" on the white board in the kitchen and I nearly fell over until I realized it was a picture of Santa next to it and was a simple spelling error! Lol
LOL....LOL

Oldgator73 said:
So the birds can still fly into your ceiling fans. All kidding aside, I think shrouds around wind turbines would be a bit difficult. But I?m not any kind of engineer.

www.tongue-in-cheek.com

camperAL said:
Hi Everyone,

While doing some traveling out west to visit a relative, I noticed an awful lot of the windmills in place. I thought that it detracted from the natural beauty of the environment. I remember how nice it was to drive that way years ago.

I remember when we were young, driving through the Appalachian mountains and thinking the same thing about the strip mining for coal.
And more recently, thinking the same thing about the derricks for oil drilling and Fracking.

Those huge windfarms even have Visitor Tours .....one of my friends son worked giving tours at the windmills out near Palm Springs.

They started work every morning by going out and policing up all the dead birds.

Those big windmills were referred to by employees to as .. "Bird Swatters"  :-[

sightseers said:
Those huge windfarms even have Visitor Tours .....one of my friends son worked giving tours at the windmills out near Palm Springs.

They started work every morning by going out and policing up all the dead birds.

Those big windmills were referred to by employees to as .. "Bird Swatters"  :-[

And buildings are known as bird barriers, cats are known as bird murderers, and vehicles are bird crushers. We have got to get away from fossil fuels. If wind turbines will help in that endeavor then i?m all for it.

It's not that the birds are flying into the towers....

The birds are swatted out of the air by a 150 foot long propeller blade....... going 180 mph.

Hmmm..........I haven't noticed a shortage of birds lately, at least not at my feeders. But I do take note of folks who are decrying their ever increasing electric bills every month and yipping for cheaper power.  I guess the next thing we will hear is birds being roasted on solar farm panels.

Bill

From what they said, Not all the birds found on the ground are mangled by the blades.

I suspect the same thing that happens to small aircraft called "Wake effect" is responsible for many of the bird deaths.

sadly,  There is a cost of every form of power generation.

Bill
Roasting on solar.  Yes it has.  There is a solar generator in southwest, maybe CA?  It focuses onto a central point, and it has incinerated many birds, including the last known mating pair of the Red plumed fox warbler.

SOURCE:https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-solar-bird-deaths-20160831-snap-story.html

Oldgator73 said:
Accompany facetious posts with a smiley face so we all know you are kidding.

Was anyone actually thinking I wasn't kidding?  Any native
English speaker that is.

Drifterrider said:
Was anyone actually thinking I wasn't kidding?  Any native
English speaker that is.

I did say I wasn?t an engineer. I suppose there are stranger things than a cowl affixed to a wind turbine. Here are a few quotes from a native English speaker:

These violent delights have violent ends And in their triumph die, like fire and powder Which, as they kiss, consume.

Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.

So if you had phrased your post in the same vain as a true native English speaker, one that was responsible for nearly 2,000 of the words we use today along with thousands of quotes, I may have posited you were being facetious.  :eek:

Hey, I hit a Red-tailed hawk with my motor home(wasn't doing 180, though).  The coach still carries the scar.

I?ve hit, or been hit by, several pheasants both in South Dakota and Cambridgeshire UK. Really stupid animals. They sit on the side of the road and just when you get to them the stupid bird jumps out in front of the car. England has huge pigeons. I hit one just outside of our village on my way to work one morning. Had to pull over and took me 30 minutes to clear the grill of feathers. Dented my bonnet also.

Really stupid animals. They sit on the side of the road and just when you get to them the stupid bird jumps out in front of the car.
They are indeed. I had a pheasant do exactly that a number of years ago, when I lived in Northern Illinois -- busted the windshield on my VW Squareback.

Oldgator73 said:
I?ve hit, or been hit by, several pheasants both in South Dakota and Cambridgeshire UK. Really stupid animals. They sit on the side of the road and just when you get to them the stupid bird jumps out in front of the car. England has huge pigeons. I hit one just outside of our village on my way to work one morning. Had to pull over and took me 30 minutes to clear the grill of feathers. Dented my bonnet also.

But have you had the pleasure of catching a meadow lark in the face while on a motorcycle running 70.....apparently a female because there was egg shell stuck thru my earlobe....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom