Having fun re-arranging music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Stan. I haven't sung that since before puberty (when things dropped). It's a wonderful song and, if she got through one verse, she deserves a medal. Anyone who didn't grow up speaking Welsh has a really tough time with pronounciation.

You have good reason to be very proud of your granddaughter!

You probably have them, but here's the Welsh and English lyrics to that song.

BTW Stan, I was looking back at prior discussions, and realized I didn't comment on your Phoenix organ in this discussion.  What a wonderful instrument. Cherry is also our favorite wood (we remodeled our retirement S&B home in cherry, and have cherry in our coach), but it never occurred to me that I could order an instrument made out of cherry.

Tom said:
Thanks Stan. I haven't sung that since before puberty (when things dropped). It's a wonderful song and, if she got through one verse, she deserves a medal. Anyone who didn't grow up speaking Welsh has a really tough time with pronunciation.

You probably have them, but here's the Welsh and English lyrics to that song.

No I don't have the lyrics; and Gasp! No wonder she couldn't remember the lyrics; I can't even read nor pronounce them!!

As you recall "I haven't sung that since before puberty"; and that just seems to be exactly where Suo G?n belongs. In perusing appropriate Youtube offerings to appropriately demonstrate Suo G?n, I turned down Katherine Jenkins and even Charlotte Church as being too old, in favour of the wondrous Kings College boy sopranos rendition. That just seems to be the ideal setting for that lullaby for me.

Tom said:
BTW Stan, I was looking back at prior discussions, and realized I didn't comment on your Phoenix organ in this discussion.  What a wonderful instrument. Cherry is also our favorite wood (we remodeled our retirement S&B home in cherry, and have cherry in our coach), but it never occurred to me that I could order an instrument made out of cherry.

Going the cherry route probably happened quite by accident. In a world where everything our house was built from oak, and 99% of the organs, same thing, our introduction to cherry emanated from somewhere around South Carolina? where Yamaha pianos were being built in North America.

I well remember the day we had spent an entire day in the Toronto area at all of the music dealers looking for a new piano. Wow! What a terrible bunch of crap! And on our way home feeling totally defeated, with some sort of electronic contraption being the only remaining option, we checked into a Yamaha piano dealer located in a tiny village north of Toronto. And again Wow!! Did these Yamaha's ever sound great!! And then as I played them, I discovered ONE that stood out far above all the others. I bought it on the spot!! I just happened to have a cherry console.

From there, the cherry theme spread throughout the house: from a high end grandfather clock, and complete dinning room suite, to renovating our entire kitchen from oak to cherry. And I really like the idea of cherry woodwork in our new motorhome, wherever it might be hiding.

As for our Phoenix organ: in an oaken world they mentioned how excited their craftsmen were in getting a chance to build a cherry console for a change.

Tom, this is a little off topic, but I found this while looking to see what we were going to see this winter while in St Petes.  Given your Uke involvement, thought you might want to take a swing over to the right coast this winter.

http://www.themahaffey.com/show/Wellington-International-Ukulele-Orchestra-at-the-Palladium-Theater/362

Ed

Thanks Ed. There are a number of good ukuele bands that perform internationally and put on great shows. I can only watch/listen in awe.

I've been re-arranging Welsh, Irish and Scottish songs. The challenge for me is to change the key of a song to one I (and others) can play, without going out of my vocal range.

I have several goals in mind, including establishing small "wandering leprechauns" groups for Saint Paddy's Day performances.

Back
Top Bottom